need some help on a few questions please.

got240?

hey guys

im buying a 97 240 this week and its a 100% stock. i just want to do a few things to it like for starters i would like to get rid of the 1 wheel wonder. can i use a j30 diff on my 97 and just change the back like i did for my 91?

as far as me turbocharging it i can pretty much use everything from a sr just change the manifold to ka and all the intercooler stuff should work. as for the intake side the sr sits higher do i need a custom intake pipe?

please correct me if im wrong.

thank you.

for boostin u cant just put the manifold on and set up an intercooler you gotta tap soomewere for the oil feed for the durbo and if you want the water feed too but you can just cap off the water line itll bee alot easier. and j30 it depends what year just search nicoclub is ur best friend at this point.

Ok but what i asking is i need a full turbo kit for a ka. What do u all use like a ebay kit or do u use some parts from a sr like the intercooler kit and then for hot and cold pipes what you use. I know ill need to tap in a oil feed and water i just dont know what kit to get to get me started.

I was thinking to buy the cheap ebay kit to get it boosted and buy better stuff as the ebay crap breaks

Ok but what i asking is i need a full turbo kit for a ka. What do u all use like a ebay kit or do u use some parts from a sr like the intercooler kit and then for hot and cold pipes what you use. I know ill need to tap in a oil feed and water i just dont know what kit to get to get me started.

I was thinking to buy the cheap ebay kit to get it boosted and buy better stuff as the ebay crap breaks

hot and cold pipes come with the ic kit. it takes a lil modification but you can get it to work. id say the best ka turbo kit for sale cheap right know would be the isis kit. you get everything you need except for tunablilty and oil lines

Last edited:
ok where do i see this ISIS turbo kit?

also i have a s13 with all isis parts and i have a j30 diff + j30 5lug swap i love it no maintain as of yet.

i heard 2-way makes alot of noise. i dont like welded diff cause of the ride. vlsd is nice best of both worlds. what year j30 will bolt right up to a 97?

Do you know if the car is a base model or SE? Check to see if it already came with a vlsd. Look at the axles. If it's 5 bolt axles, it's a vlsd. If it's 6 bolt, it's open.

i heard 2-way makes alot of noise. i dont like welded diff cause of the ride. vlsd is nice best of both worlds. what year j30 will bolt right up to a 97?

If your worried about your car making noise... sell your 240... With Stock bushings and proper maintenance the noise is barely noticeable depending on what your doing

putting a J30 diff with unknown mileage is a joke and usually suck
keep your open wheel until you can get a 2-way..

If you dont like the noise, s-chassis' are probably not for you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom