Need professional opinion on a cage build

NcTurnL

Driver
Hey everyone,

Im currently building my cage and before I finished welding it in I wanted to have someone take a look at it to make sure all is ok and to get some outside opinions. As far as building to spec, the idea is to build this cage above FD spec, with ideas from FIA.

Specifically, I need someones professional opinion. I have many pictures that I can provide through email. Or if your willing to come take a look in person I can cover your time. I'm near Davie. I would need this done asap, so who ever can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Contact me through here and we can go from there.

Thanks!
-Jon

Post some pictures on here. Im sure there are a couple people that can tell you what you want to know right off the bat with good detailed pictures. And Im sure there are others, like myself, who would like to see your work :bigthumbu

Yup I guess that would be a start. Two questions in particular that I have: 1. Is there reason for a cage not to pass tech due to the front drop (a piller) bars to not meet the floor in a perfect perpendicular angle? I noticed after I built the front drops I angled them backward 5 degrees. ( pic will be added ).
2. I heard that where the rear drops and halo are welded on to the main hoop, should almost be at the same plane, almost to seem as one tube. Will these not being on this plane cause the cage to fail tech ? ( pics will added)

My reasoning for these questions are that none of my concerns are covered by the rule book. It seems to be a grey area but I need to know what will pass tech and what won't.

Thanks! :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom