Need Opinions

madk180sx

Driver
Just picked up a 07 e92 335i coupe. Its such a nice car and its quick.

So heres comes my problem. Should i sell me ls1 swap or whole car in general?

Info on my 240sx:

Had it for about 2 years, all work done by myself and with the help of friends. Did the ka-t thing, went to get it tuned at a shitty shop(which i didnt know till after i had taken it there) and motor ended up blowing. So got the idea to ls swap it, proceded forward with the swap. Took me about 1-2 months to prep and get it into the car and has been running for about 1-2 months but i cant get it into gear when the car is running, so its been sitting for that long. Taken the tranny off about 3 times now to check the clutch clearances, replace the slave, rebleed, etc. Hasnt changed anything. There are only other little things(hook up engine temp sensor, cut underside of hood so it will close all the way, etc) that need to be done if i can get into gear. It has been sitting at the shop for over 4 months now.

Now if i sold the swap or my 240sx, i could make my 335i fbo and drop it on some wheels but i wouldnt have my 240sx anymore. I cant really see myself getting rid of it because i've put so much work into it and probably wouldnt be able to get another one that is as clean.

What would you do?

240sx mods:
-full ls1 swap, plus some mods
-dmax coils
-5 lug swap
-battles 17/18x9.5
-evo front bbk
-vlsd
-hicas rack

For reference, heres my cars:

240sx

e65288b4.jpg

99f7b30c.jpg

[ame="http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w129/xpinoyxmk/LS1/?action=view&current=549a845a.mp4"]LS1 :: 549a845a.mp4 video by xpinoyxmk - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid175.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fw129%2Fxpinoyxmk%2FLS1%2F549a845a.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid175.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fw129%2Fxpinoyxmk%2FLS1%2F549a845a.mp4[/ame]

335i

DSC00505.jpg

Take 240 to another shop, get it fixed. Drift the 240, daily the bmw and leave it how it sits...

ls1 s13 > e92

i dont like new bmw's so my opinion is very biased.

Why dont you like them? Interor is classy, exterior looks awesome, and its a twin turbo'ed 3L straight 6.

Sell the 240, I don't like 240s so my opinion is very biased.

Put so much hard work into this car, dont know if you would understand.

Take 240 to another shop, get it fixed. Drift the 240, daily the bmw and leave it how it sits...

Its at a hobby shop on base where i work on my car myself. It would be nice to have it fixed but im the type of person that doesnt like to pay someone to do something that i could fix myself(if i knew what the problem was). v8 and twin turbo'ed cars would be awesome...

Last edited:
yes very nice cars, but the twin turbo 6 cylinders really arnt fast at all. but who cares there sexy cars

Stock yea, but once you start adding bolt-ons, they are quicker than the new m3's. Have i mentioned that no one has blown the motor from too much power yet and there are 3-4 dd'ing around with 6xxwhp.

If you wanna have fun and stuff, keep the 240.
If its gonna burden you financially or space wise, sell it and take hot broads on dates in shit in your nice ass car.

Second option sounds wayyy cooler.

If you wanna have fun and stuff, keep the 240.
If its gonna burden you financially or space wise, sell it and take hot broads on dates in shit in your nice ass car.

Second option sounds wayyy cooler.

Exactly what your first line says. Im only 21 so i still want to drift and have fun with my 240 but i cant get the damn thing into gear and i have no idea on what the problem is.

Livin up the 2nd option now so that doesnt matter. lol

take the 240 to another shop and fix it.
seems like your financially stable. keep the 240, save up some money and sexify the e92. everyone is happy

I read nothing. Do whatever the fuck YOU want. Because no one else's opinion should matter but yours, because it affects you, not anyone else.

take the 240 to another shop and fix it.
seems like your financially stable. keep the 240, save up some money and sexify the e92. everyone is happy

Thats an idea i had but like i said, i dont like paying someone else to do a job that i could do on my own.

I read nothing. Do whatever the fuck YOU want. Because no one else's opinion should matter but yours, because it affects you, not anyone else.

Maybe you should learn to read more often, maybe then shit wouldnt fall out of your mouth as much.

Ok so out of all of this I got...

1. You dont want to sell the 240
2. You dont mind keeping 240 on the side as a track car to have fun with
3. Your already using the BMW as a daily car to do normal shit in

GET THE FUCKING 240 FIXED! Its not that hard of a decision to come to. YES YES YES, you said you dont want to take it to a shop... You dont know whats wrong with it, BUT the car already runs. Your not paying for a swap or anything else major, just paying to get your trans problem fixed. I would just take it to a shop man... But it is your car at the end of the day so do what you wanna do.

I say you part it out i'll give you $300 cash money for the shell! lol jk bro, do whatever your heart desires!:bigthumbu

Back
Top Bottom