Need opinions on my truck towing situstion bros leave a thought

Alright heres my?? So i have a 1994 chevy 2500. Should leave the truck alone and save for a better truck or put money in this one and fix it up. My truck is super reliable the only reason the trans is bad is because the trans cooler failed in the radiator and filled it up with coolant. Been bad for almost 6 months. (still drives just goes in an dout of o/d)

Things it needs
Trans rebuilt or a replacement $400-800
New seats up front driver seat is all twisted and kills your back on long trips. $100-200
Paint job i crashed it a little so its all mismatched color.
New headligths and hids $100
New tires $450

If i buy a newer truck i will prolly only have like 3-4k to spend so a diesel is out of the? for sure.

And i can throw a ls based truck motor in here down the road.
What do you dudes think.

Fix trans. Get a new seat if you want. That's total less than 1k. Why get another truck for 4k and you can never tell the problems that one will give you. I base getting a new vehicle on "over half"
If a repair cost over half the cost of a new vehicle then I should just get a new one. Fix my old one later and sell or use it as a backup. Or sell the broken one and get an even newer one.

fix trans. Get a new seat if you want. That's total less than 1k. Why get another truck for 4k and you can never tell the problems that one will give you. I base getting a new vehicle on "over half"
if a repair cost over half the cost of a new vehicle then i should just get a new one. Fix my old one later and sell or use it as a backup. Or sell the broken one and get an even newer one.

+1

For 4k the best your gonna get in a chevy is some under powered 6.5 truck.

Just get yourself a 7.3 ford(gotta be a 96 or 97) and ride out.
It will be in your price range, and tow anything you want.

I've had 3 7.3 trucks now and they are fucking awesome. Don't get a chevy truck unless it's an 06+ with the 6 speed alison. You and I both know neither of us can afford that. There's actually a truck on zt for sale right now. Pm me and I'll send you the link.

trucksmoke.jpg

bought that truck for 4k
5 spd with 168k. Needed a new clutch and that was it.

Put like 40k on it in about a year. towed a 2 car trailer to ATL haulin ass and got 13mpg.

If you got 4k to spend, either get a 12v cummins or a 7.3 powerstroke.
6.5 chevy's are straight doo doo. Its basically a converted gas motor with a turbo put on it. real high compression so no boost and a small turbo. Makes very little power, and there isnt much room for improvement.

ok, ok. Bill.. lets cut all the shit.

sell the truck. buy a cool 7.3L

/thread

lol they are just high maintenance, they arn't that bad, its all preference.

they arnt that bad?
you fuckin with me?!
Torque to yield head studs. Oil fired injectors so you have to do a 60-90 dollar oil change every 3k miles. Shit Head gaskets. Variable Vain turbo's that go to shit. The entire EGR system on 6.0 motors are complete fucking junk and always clog up/break. Shit electronics. horrible gas mileage.

so yeah, THEY FUCKING SUCK.
Its like, DANGGGG, I can get an 06 truck for like 15k!!!!!! now I just gotta spend another 10-15k to get it to be reliable!!! SO SIKEDDD!!!!!THEN!!! after I spend all that money getting it to be reliable, its still onl worth 15k!!! 6.0's ARE SO RADICAL!!!!!

they arnt that bad?
you fuckin with me?!
Torque to yield head studs. Oil fired injectors so you have to do a 60-90 dollar oil change every 3k miles. Shit Head gaskets. Variable Vain turbo's that go to shit. The entire EGR system on 6.0 motors are complete fucking junk and always clog up/break. Shit electronics. horrible gas mileage.

so yeah, THEY FUCKING SUCK.
Its like, DANGGGG, I can get an 06 truck for like 15k!!!!!! now I just gotta spend another 10-15k to get it to be reliable!!! SO SIKEDDD!!!!!THEN!!! after I spend all that money getting it to be reliable, its still onl worth 15k!!! 6.0's ARE SO RADICAL!!!!!

idk I work on em and yea they break like all anything else.

Back
Top Bottom