need help with Bee-R limiter in rotary AE86

rotarykidd

Driver
so i have a S4 13b peripheral port in my AE86 corolla. my ignition set up is as follows:

Leading:
2x MSD 6a boxes connected to 2x msd coils and the signal is from the leading magnetic pick up on the distributor

Trailing:
Factory ignitor wired to one msd coil and then ran through the distributor.

i will have a Bee-R limiter very soon and i need to know how to wire it. from the translations ive found on the web so far i found the wiring is as follows:
Red wire: 12V+
Black wire: ground
yellow wire: RPM signal
green wire: ignition signal
and to cut the looped brown wire for rotary engines

now my problem is, everything i have found explaining how to wire this up shows wiring to the ECU. i do not have one so i need a little help to figure out how to run the yellow rpm signal wire.

my main issue is that i do not know how the limiter sends the signal to cut ignition. is it all from the yellow wire? if i wire it to receive signal from the trailing coil, like the tach, would it then only try to cut the trailing coil?

HALP!

I believe it uses the ignition signal to limit the rpm's. So it recieves the rpm signal and based off of that it grounds the ignition signal wire causing it to not fire the coils.
It bases everything off the ecu due to it being located in the car not the bay.

I think what it does is interrupt the signal from the crank angle sensor to the ecu.

You're running waste spark on the trailing? Usually that causes detonation. Why not get another MSD box and control it with those? Then run one leading coil, and 2 trailing coils.

i think what it does is interrupt the signal from the crank angle sensor to the ecu.

You're running waste spark on the trailing? Usually that causes detonation. Why not get another msd box and control it with those? Then run one leading coil, and 2 trailing coils.

+1

I think what it does is interrupt the signal from the crank angle sensor to the ecu.

You're running waste spark on the trailing? Usually that causes detonation. Why not get another MSD box and control it with those? Then run one leading coil, and 2 trailing coils.

im running waste spark on the leading. the trailing is factory cap and rotor style. i was told the trailingwas more of the "clean up" part of the ignition and that the leading did most of the grunt work, so i just ran it factory. but there is no wasted spark on the trailing side.

also, i am running about 20 degrees advancement all the time. the p port does not really permit vacuum anything lol.

IMAG0227-1.jpg

im running two leading and one trailing. no cas, no ecu. if i was running cas and ecu, this Bee-R would be a breaze to wire up lolol......

fml.

i could just run no rev limiter and rev it till the flywheel cuts my legs off. the crowd would go ape shit!

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

I believe it uses the ignition signal to limit the rpm's. So it recieves the rpm signal and based off of that it grounds the ignition signal wire causing it to not fire the coils.
It bases everything off the ecu due to it being located in the car not the bay.

would it work if i just wired it to the neg on all three coils?

Last edited:
No ecu...then a bee r is the wrong device for ur setup.

Now if ud,,like to sell it i would be glad to purchase it from u. Pm me a price

FFFFFFFFFFF how in the fuck am i going to limit this bitch? im afraid if i go upwards of 11 or 12k for too long i will die. no seriously... flywheel explosions are not cool. i just dont get why i couldnt use it. how is it any different from any other limiter like msd (besides being awesomer with gain control and what not) to hook up? :chair:

i may sell it, or hold on to it for the next rotary. may go s5 tII because this p port is rigodamndiculous.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

why arent you just using a soft touch on the MSD?

what is that?

if its a rev limiter for the msd, i tried. i had a 6al and asked msd how to cut the wires for rev limit and msd was like "LOL WHAT IS ROTARY?"

Yes, the soft touch is the rev limiter that is worked into the MSD box.

I'm sure if you shoot fc3sbmx/Jeremy a PM, he could probably help you more than just about everyone else on here.

Oh, didn't really get what you were doing before, and didn't realize you were running the trailing stock. I don't have much experience with the old distributor crap, but to use the msd rev limiter, you have to have it on both leading and trailing.

I think? If they all have the same chip in them. I don't know for sure though. It's 2012, my car has a computer in it. haha

Back
Top Bottom