Need help swaping sr20det

ok im getting an s13 sr20det red top to put in my stock 1990 s13. yea yea i know its very easy just put it on your self well i dont have the space nor the tools to get around dat..J G auto works is charging me like 800-900 for instlation.. I was wondering if any does or knows some body dat does the swap at there home or w/e dat charges less..rememeber i neew to install the complete motor, FM intercooler, down pipe fuel pump Bov eveything..

Thanks
Ricky

dont forget bout wiring.. and many other fun issues that come up..

u got new motor mounts? new radiator? fuel pump? engine lift?

I wish i was still doing swaps/ had the time to, i would have done it for you for dirt cheap. Sorry good luck with it though..

Mind you 800-900 bucks isnt bad for all the work you need done. JG Autoworks has a shitload of experience with those swaps.

I never got a quote under $1500 to swap in a motor in my car... even the same stock one.

I personally would do it myself. In your case call Premier in pines blvd. They know there shyt. Nijo has been building 240's forever. Plus he has a 1300 hp s14 with an rb in it built to the balls. came out on Turbo Magazine...

Ask for Nijo or Kevin...

U mean Nigel??

I would go with JG autoworks, you most likely wont find it any cheaper, I know Premiere charges atleast 1k$ for installation... and that was 2yrs ago, I'm sure they've gone up in price, good place though.

But if JG autoworks are going to do the install for 900$ (removal of your engine, installing new engine, cutting holes for intercooler piping, plumbing, doing your wire harness, ignitor, etc.) than that is a fucking steal. But if they are just going to drop in the motor and tranny and that's it, I'll do it for 400$ and you can do the rest yourself, or for 1500$ I can swap in everything you have for you. :D

Goodluck with your swap.

well it was 800 for a redtop swap but now i came across a s14 blacktop and to install dat one is 1200.. but hey i rather have J G do it that they have alot of experience

smdg would do it for a few hundred and have it done within 2 days ready to drive away

Last edited by a moderator:
DO NOT GOTO PREMIRE! THEY ARE HORRIBLE.

DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE! 1300 HP MY ASS! LETS SEE THE DYNO! In Turbo magazine he dyno'd 7ish. BUT CLAIMED MORE!

JG IS THE WAY TO GO.

The price is go considering most charge about 300 - 500 just o mount the motor. a Few hundred more fore wiring. Then to mount a FMIC and stuff like that. Your good to go.

^^^^yooo did u buy TrueJDM's silvia?!^^^^^

:D i say swap it urself and pay someone to do a good clean wiring job if that... everything else is elementary

Back
Top Bottom