Need help: modded RX7 FD or RHD RX7 FD. which would you get?

Stock FD RHD or modded us FD model?

• Modded US model

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pancho

spit in my mouth
Staff member
So my buddy has the option to buy either a modded us model rx7 or an imported rhd rx7 that is stock… now he doesn't plan on keeping it for very long and intends to resell at some point in the future. As a buyer… which would you find more appealing? any and all feedback welcomed..

Thanks,

Pancho

@FAL or @fc3sbmx would be the best people to ask but what are the model years of the two? I ask because I think I recall reading that it's best to get a later year FD as Mazda sorted out some of the reliability issues it had at the beginning. Either way we would need more details regarding both cars to make a decision. For now I'd go with the stock FD since the modded one may not suit my tastes in setup.

@FAL or @fc3sbmx would be the best people to ask but what are the model years of the two? I ask because I think I recall reading that it's best to get a later year FD as Mazda sorted out some of the reliability issues it had at the beginning. Either way we would need more details regarding both cars to make a decision. For now I'd go with the stock FD since the modded one may not suit my tastes in setup.

Good point! As for the details, the RHD is a 95 with an AC leak, altezza tail lights, ugly ass wheels and recently painted pearl white.. hes getting it for about 15k,

now the modded us one is a 93 with that needs a motor rebuild due to low compression. Hes getting it for about 8k, this one also needs paint and a new front bumper and fender.

Specs/Mods

Engine

A-Spec GT35R 1.00a/r T4

Rebuilt Street Port @ 80,000m

3' A-Spec Downpipe

Rx-7 Store Resonated Midpipe

Blitz Nur Spec Cat Back

K&N Stubby Filter

Greddy Pulley Kit

Fluidyne Radiator

BLITZ FMIC

Polished Pettit AST

Rotary Oil Cap

ACT S/S Extreme Clutch

SS Clutchline

Taylor Pro Plug Wires

NGK Platinum Plugs

SS OMP Lines

HKS SSQV

Pineapple Racing Idler Pulley

Garfinkle Engine Brace

XPW Turbo Blanket

Fuel/Engine Mgmt

Power FC w/ Commander

HKS Twin Power

Greddy Profec B Type-S

SupraTT Fuel Pump + Rewire

850cc RC Engineering Primary

1300cc RC Engineering Secondary

Suspension/Brakes

Tein Flex Coilovers (8k miles)

Yokohama AVS ES100 245/45

Pettit Trailing Arms

Poly Differential Mounts

OEM Rear Pillow Balls @ 100,000m

Megan Toe Links

R1 Strut Bar

EBC Green Pads

Russel SS Lines

Again this is just to use for a couple of months then flip and make a little profit.

Thanks mike. i opened up the poll again for those who may have missed it.

Back
Top Bottom