NAPLES KART TRACK this Saturday ?!?

we'll clear out that concrete one way, i seroiusly use my torqueless wonder of a car and some tow straps to tow them off the track.

but i'm dead serious about rebuilding it. theres only like 3 turns that are demolished, and concrete i can get for like 2 or 3$ a bag. probably cheaper. i could probably steal it from some job sites and they wouldn't even care.

but yeah anyone who lent a hand it would be appreciated, the way i figure the regulars at the track would love to do this because we all know how much fun the track would literally be just by adding 2-3 more turns. we bring some wheelbarrows, some sledgehammers, break the pieces up smaller. just pour some concrete over the turns (it doesn't need to look nice, it just needs to be filled) and that would be that. we'd have the track back together and we'd all shed a tear of joy.

oh i love my new sig.. i'm going to put the sticker on my car. word to the women

oh and can someone who has enough room bring a wheelbarrow? that would help alot. i'm going to see if i can find my huge sledgehammer. i'm excited. i got a few things i want to try on that track. still need to work on my early entry in the the sweeper.

i'm down to give a hand for tomorow, if anyone wants to catch a ride post up we'll meet in boca/ft.laudy and take off spend all day over there....idk if a sledge hammer will break the slabs though. truck and tow straps will help. we will probably snap a few in the process

the pouring of concrete is gonna take a lot more than just mixing man idk i'll see if i can find some info on how we can do this. i tried building a house for my dog in venezuela once with concrete and it was a fucking disaster.

ive done concrete work and i have an idea of how to do it. if we break up whats allready there to use for the first layer it will save us alot of money and effort. use it as much as a filler as possible. and then cement not concrete as the top layer.

lets tear up the remainder of the track and put up a banked oval and drift it going left. thats usdm baby.

i still gotta find a way to get there...

will someone drive my rx7 there for me? lol i cant drive..

lol I had thought about doing this

Awesome that you guys are taking the initiative to give it a shot!

I wish I could be there to help you guys

once we get it cleared out i was thinking of setting up a paypal for dontations to rebuild it, for supplies like concrete and everything of the sort i dont know yet. we'll look at it tomorrow and see how it goes

we can take you in the morning we'll be there @ 9:30am
leaving from nofo get you, go to joshs, go to track to set up

aw awesome michelle thank you i figured you guys would be in naples well i'm glad your in north fort that way you dont really have to go that much out of your way just take the bridge to 41 and take mcgregor all the way to my house. thank you for coming and getting me<3

let me know when your coming

I have a truck as a daily but I cant make it out this weekend because I'm working.

I would love to go out there and help this weekend, but it also makes it a little more difficult that I'm temporarily living in Orlando opposed to Miami.

Whoever lives in the area should find REBAR at a construction site somewhere. that is the best way to reinforce concrete, especially when its gonna have 2600 pound cars drifting over it ;)

How can I make a donation?

POLE-POSITION said:
i would feel so guilty if people donated money and they came back and destroyed it again.

Even if each of us donated about 20 bucks I think it would suffice to rebuild those two back to back corners in the right upper corner of the track.

If FDrifting were able to provide his concrete sacks from the const. sites, that would be awesome too.

But man, too have the track back to how we had it over a year ago would be a dream.

I miss those days, that pic brought back memories

oh shit i forgot to mention!!!! i emailed the swamp buggy place next door. pretending to be an attendee at their events, asking about the toll brothers and when they plan on building over the area, well they finally contacted me today and basically stated...

"we're not going anywhere anytime soon. its going to be a pretty long time until they build over us" so i was glad to hear that.

oh and the causeway has shitloads of rebar, they tore down the old bridges now, so all the old ones that are demolished they have like shitloads of piles of rebar laying around.

i'm sure we can ghetto some shit up. plus i bet if we move the tore up concrete, there will still be concrete underneath it'll just be in bad condition.

all we gotta do is layer it i think on top it should be fine. we dont need some high quality shit.

just something that will let us connect the WHOLE track finally...

god when i say WHOLE TRACK i get a little hard...

Your probably right about the concrete underneath, but using peices of rebar is actually what is going to prevent the concrete from breaking a seperating into peices.

I suppose if its easily obtainable it would be wise to try and do it right the first time

that old banked turn is definitely going to be a challenge to fix though!

it sucks that they tore up the whole straight because that was fun as hell to manji, and is probably going to take a ton of concrete to fix. But removing the debris would be a giant first step to see what we would have to work with

i'm so happy to see all of your support like i said, for those who cant go tomorrow we'll do what we can, clear some shit out of the way. i'll try to get some pictures to show all of you anything we accomplished.

I wish I can go tomorrow and help, but I got stuff to do. One of the coming weekends I am going over there just to help. Not even slide. Just go out there, and start rebuilding. Well, ok, I might slide for 30 minutes, but I seriously would love to help.

Back
Top Bottom