My new toy......

I almost don't want the 28-135 that comes on the camera. The 20D came with an 18-55. Don't get me wrong, I love the 28-135 IS USM, but I almost want another 18-55. Maybe I can get a group consensus. I'm weighing my next telephoto for events and such and there are a few options I've been weighing. Here are two.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7528703&type=product&id=1127507945894 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7170081&type=product&id=1110266578202 70-200 f/4L USM with NO IS.

This is the one I really want.... http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7603747&type=product&id=1130985155999 70-200 f/4L IS USM.

I don't need IS but it is a nice creature comfort. I used the 20D for two seasons with a 75-300 f/4-5.6 and found it to be not bad. I have learned to pan and not get a lot of lense shake. I love shooting events. I can't wait to get back out there.

And if you're wondering why the best buy links, I work PT at Best Buy when I'm not at the bank so the discount shaves normally $100-$200 off a lens. And the CF cards are 1/2 off. The 4g Extreme III instead of $88 was like $45 or so. My Canon Bag was $27 instead of $75. UV Filter was $5 instead of $20. It's nice so if you need cards, filters, bags, etc. lemme know and I'll try to help out as much as I can.

I know it's not the best place to get gear, but every little bit helps.

ooo filters are that cheap..and maybe the a card:bigthumbu

Also why are you lookin at the F4? the 2.8 is sooo much nicer to shoot with.

Oof. That was a typo on my part. The 70-200 f/2.8 IS USM is the one I really want, but it's 2k...... I hate not having tonz of cash.

I really want some L series glass.

Lemme know what card or filter you want and I'll go price it on break at 3. Use the web. Online only is tough as hell for me to get so try to get something that doesn't say that. I'll shoot you back a price and we can arrange how to get the funds to me. I'll mail them down priority. You pay for shipping. All in all, you'll save normally about 1/2 the cost of the card minus the 4.60 for priority and 3% if you use paypal. The 8gb Extreme III retails for 160 and I get it for like 85.

70-200 f4L all the way. 2.8 is straight baller. If you can come up with the extra cash just get the nonIS version. You lose 100mm but the 75-300 won't be nearly as sharp as the 70-200. Also a constant fstop is wonderful.

You should've looked elsewhere for the 5d. b&h has it for a little over 2k. Still a pretty penny but alot better than 3k.

Oof. That was a typo on my part. The 70-200 f/2.8 IS USM is the one I really want, but it's 2k...... I hate not having tonz of cash.

I really want some L series glass.

Lemme know what card or filter you want and I'll go price it on break at 3. Use the web. Online only is tough as hell for me to get so try to get something that doesn't say that. I'll shoot you back a price and we can arrange how to get the funds to me. I'll mail them down priority. You pay for shipping. All in all, you'll save normally about 1/2 the cost of the card minus the 4.60 for priority and 3% if you use paypal. The 8gb Extreme III retails for 160 and I get it for like 85.

is this just for him?

I wanted to buy a polarizer for my wide angle

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8006356&type=product&id=1155848385902

That's for any of the photogs on here. Doesn't matter. Correction. That filter is like 14.97 after discount. I have the same one in 72mm. A standard uv filter that sells for 15 I get for just under 5.

Last edited:
That's actually the Travis' Drift Star Syndicate car. The livery is last years. I was sort of in an official capacity for the team last year and did photography at a bunch of events. That's just a gif I threw together real quick of the car.

If you want, you can paypal me the funds please the 3% paypal fee and I can ship it priority ($4.60 tracking #/one or two day) or normal cheapy like 1.25 mail (No track/maybe 2/3 days)

Yeah but thats 2199 fo just the body. I didn't do too bad on mine. Brand new for 1320, and I got the kit with the 28-135.

Yeah that's not bad at all. b&h has it for the same price but you have to factor in shipping and the fact that they've been closed for about a month due to, I think, a jewish holiday. I've got something I need to order from them to complete my lighting setup dang it.

Yup only the Canon XSi and (I think) the Canon 1d mkIII use SD and the Nikon d40/d50 (I could be wrong on the d50) use SD.

Canon and Nikon have been around much longer than a sr and ka. Pretty sure they go back to the 50-60s.

Quick google search. Canon goes back to 1933 releasing its first camera. http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/history/canon_story/1933_1936/1933_1936.html

Only thing better about the d300 over the 40d is the weather sealing body. I've tried out both and they are both awesome cameras. Only thing Nikon has over Canon, which is pretty small because I'm broke, is the Nikon 80-200 f2.8. I'd love to have Lglass that fast for that cheap.

Haha you can't stop at lenses either. Throw in some flashes along with pocket wizards and a few lightstands and umbrellas. You could reach your 12k goal a little sooner than you think. I'm making my way there slowly but surely.

LMAO i was refering to tards arguing on the forum either way they do the same thing both take pictures. Its just personal preferance like i like skinny chicks but some guys love fat chicks LMAO :bigthumbu

Yup only the Canon XSi and (I think) the Canon 1d mkIII use SD and the Nikon d40/d50 (I could be wrong on the d50) use SD.

Canon and Nikon have been around much longer than a sr and ka. Pretty sure they go back to the 50-60s.

Quick google search. Canon goes back to 1933 releasing its first camera. http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/history/canon_story/1933_1936/1933_1936.html

Only thing better about the d300 over the 40d is the weather sealing body. I've tried out both and they are both awesome cameras. Only thing Nikon has over Canon, which is pretty small because I'm broke, is the Nikon 80-200 f2.8. I'd love to have Lglass that fast for that cheap.

Haha you can't stop at lenses either. Throw in some flashes along with pocket wizards and a few lightstands and umbrellas. You could reach your 12k goal a little sooner than you think. I'm making my way there slowly but surely.

LMAO i was refering to tards arguing on the forum either way they do the same thing both take pictures. Its just personal preferance like i like skinny chicks but some guys love fat chicks LMAO :bigthumbu

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and do it. it's 1600 from B&H. Haven't seen what my discount is yet from work but I don't know if it's going to be that low. Better to get some L glass and a lense I'll prolly keep for years, then spend 600-800 on a lens I'll need to upgrade out of need or want.

And the only model pics I have are of me...... naked. I don't think you want to see those.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to bite the bullet and do it. it's 1600 from B&H. Haven't seen what my discount is yet from work but I don't know if it's going to be that low. Better to get some L glass and a lense I'll prolly keep for years, then spend 600-800 on a lens I'll need to upgrade out of need or want.

And the only model pics I have are of me...... naked. I don't think you want to see those.

Like I always say.. Go big or go home:laugh::bigthumbu

Like I always say.. Go big or go home:laugh::bigthumbu

Basically.

You will not regret getting the 70-200 f2.8. A friend just got one. I was telling him I've never seen any bad shots from that lens. I don't know if its because noobs don't wanna drop 2x as much on a lens as they did on their camera body or the lens is just that great that nothing but awesomeness comes from it.

You better not let me down. :D

Basically.

You will not regret getting the 70-200 f2.8. A friend just got one. I was telling him I've never seen any bad shots from that lens. I don't know if its because noobs don't wanna drop 2x as much on a lens as they did on their camera body or the lens is just that great that nothing but awesomeness comes from it.

You better not let me down. :D

Thats why I rent it.:bigthumbu

That's actually the Travis' Drift Star Syndicate car. The livery is last years. I was sort of in an official capacity for the team last year and did photography at a bunch of events. That's just a gif I threw together real quick of the car.

If you want, you can paypal me the funds please the 3% paypal fee and I can ship it priority ($4.60 tracking #/one or two day) or normal cheapy like 1.25 mail (No track/maybe 2/3 days)

thats man. so the filter is 14.97x.03+1.25=$16.66?
are you going to the drift event? if so I will be there

Back
Top Bottom