My go pro videos of county line skid pad jul 21st

went back for the third time , getting better was able to do the whole course without spinning, sometimes,lol

Last edited by a moderator:
First video: Both hands on the steering wheel! I understand thats your driving style but it will eliminate all the hunting you do during certain sections of the track.

Second video: Your approach into the entry could've been better. It was too early plus you really cut it close. Next time open yourself up and initiate a little later.

Third video: I find it weird how you go from using two hands to one and vice-versa.

Fourth video: Reminds me of LatinoHibino with his whole speech regarding Forza and how he can feel the tire flex. Disregard what I just said.

Fifth video: "Hi my name is Noel and I love Matt Powers" <- Disregard this too. Pick up the cone next time and your lines were better in this run, especially the entry.

Sixth video: Be smoother with your throttle. More on this below.

Seventh video: Same thing I said on the sixth video.

Eighth video: I wonder who was that idiot in the middle of the track.

I think most importantly you need to work on your throttle adjustment. You're making major adjustments which is causing you to work hard on your steering in order to keep the car under control. Instead of allowing the RPM's to jump from 4000RPM's to 6000RPM's, see if you could have it jump from 4000RPM's to 5000RPM's or lower. You'll still be in the powerband and based on what I saw it shouldn't cause you to straighten out with how easy the tires give out.

Also work on maintaining a consistent line every time you go out, that way you can focus on your driving. Once you get comfortable then start experimenting with different approaches.

And if you're using your left arm to hold yourself, use your knee instead.

Look me up at the track the next time you go out if you want more detailed information or help.

Fourth video: Reminds me of LatinoHibino with his whole speech regarding Forza and how he can feel the tire flex. Disregard what I just said.

Fifth video: "Hi my name is Noel and I love Matt Powers" <- Disregard this too. Pick up the cone next time and your lines were better in this run, especially the entry.

1. Forza > GT5

2. I hate you for quoting something that will never come out of my mouth.

3. Pretty much everything you said that I didn't quote is on point.

It seems to me that the seats are a bit too large to hold you in place, hence the reason you are using your arm as support on the door panel. I've sat in a few Corbeau buckets before, and they are too big for me, and although I'm not the large type, I can fill up a seat quite well. They are comfy though. lol. Maybe a decent set of racing harnesses will help you stay in place.

Another thing to note is throttle modulation. The steadier you can keep your throttle, the smoother your car will slide. The problem with your car, and all Mustangs 2004 and older is steering angle. Any time you get on throttle, you immediately go to full lock with no where else to go. Well, until you get more steering angle, you will have to learn how to throttle modulate a little less aggressively.

Luckily for you, and pretty much any 1979-2004 Mustang, there is a solution for steering angle. Doug Van Den Brink has these knuckles and control arms for the Mustang for more angle. The stock "A" shaped control arms on the Mustang limits the space for the wheels, which is why these have that odd shape.The knuckles have a shortened steering arms for more angle and the spindle has been raised on the knuckle so you can have a lowered car without sacrificing suspension geometry and stroke.

www.driftlive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918
Spindles-FNO.jpg

http://www.driftlive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=932
LCAs_sm.jpg

Of course, just because you throw parts at your car doesn't mean it's going to make you a better driver. You need to put in your seat time.

1. Forza > GT5

2. I hate you for quoting something that will never come out of my mouth.

3. Pretty much everything you said that I didn't quote is on point.

It seems to me that the seats are a bit too large to hold you in place, hence the reason you are using your arm as support on the door panel. I've sat in a few Corbeau buckets before, and they are too big for me, and although I'm not the large type, I can fill up a seat quite well. They are comfy though. lol. Maybe a decent set of racing harnesses will help you stay in place.

Another thing to note is throttle modulation. The steadier you can keep your throttle, the smoother your car will slide. The problem with your car, and all Mustangs 2004 and older is steering angle. Any time you get on throttle, you immediately go to full lock with no where else to go. Well, until you get more steering angle, you will have to learn how to throttle modulate a little less aggressively.

Luckily for you, and pretty much any 1979-2004 Mustang, there is a solution for steering angle. Doug Van Den Brink has these knuckles and control arms for the Mustang for more angle. The stock "A" shaped control arms on the Mustang limits the space for the wheels, which is why these have that odd shape.The knuckles have a shortened steering arms for more angle and the spindle has been raised on the knuckle so you can have a lowered car without sacrificing suspension geometry and stroke.

www.driftlive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918
Spindles-FNO.jpg

http://www.driftlive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=932
LCAs_sm.jpg

Of course, just because you throw parts at your car doesn't mean it's going to make you a better driver. You need to put in your seat time.

Yes, i was holding myself with the arm, i am not big too. For now i will leave it like it is, until i decide if i am buying another car for drift or spend money on this car to make it better, if i decide to spend money on the cobra i would put cage, front suspension and hand brake. Whatever i do, it will take time so i will just enjoy the skip pad for now. But appreciate the help, i am taking notes:bigthumbu

I would also like to add that if anyone on this forum knows 03-04 Cobras, it's Rhythm_Drifting (Will Barnette, sp?). He could definitely help out.

Anyway, I see progress in your driving. It will only get better with more seat time. Keep it up, and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom