my car is running like a diesel car

mca00176

last week i ws driving to a meet thn my car starting acting up like in the middle of the road like i lost power im flooring the car and its not going no where i havea built bottom witha 20g turbo,, so the next day i replace the distributer and the spark plug wires the car is runing alittle better i did a compression test its came out arround 149 on all cylinders so its good new spark plugs also still doing the same thing its runing like a diesel so some one told me u need a new fuel pressure regulater i got a new fuel pressure regulater aeromotive brand new i installed it , fuel pressure is set as 43psi and i only boost 10 the most i dnt wnt more thn tht so after i installed the fuel pressure regulater iam runing very rich i got alot of white smoke coming out of the exhaust it smelled like gas so do i just need to get tuned and retard the timing and i also have a stock ecu so let me kno wat u guys think if u have ne solution and iam going crazzy please help thnx

Could you please separate your sentences. Organize your thoughts if you are going to ask what is wrong with your car. Its hard trying to figure out over the internet what is wrong with random cars, expecially if the description is vague.

1. What car is this on? Describe your setup.
2. Is it making boost?
3. Did you pop an intercooler hose?
4. Everything else is electrically sound?
5. What are you doing for engine management on this built bottom end?

Slow down and think about what you are typing. You didnt answer any of my questions. I asked them for a reason, if I know more about your setup I can trouble shoot things that can go wrong. I dont even know what car this is in. Answer my questions and maybe someone will be able to help you.

oh my bad man its a ka24de witha 20g custome piping the car is making boost ididnt pop an intercooler hose and i dnt have ne electrical problems u need more info im srry man

Check to see if your fuel pressure regulator vent line is on the intake manifold. If its not properly seated it will have different fuel pressure... If you set your fuel presure to 43 with the line on, that is incorrect. You need to set your base fuel pressure with the fpr vac line disconnected, then when you plug it it, it should hover around 38 psi on stock cams. If you did not follow these directions of how to properly set your fuel pressure then that could definitly be the reason why the car is rich as hell.

Look around the engine bay for things that are wrong.

btw i suggest doing a boost leak test if all of this is not working, i found some crazy stuff when I did a boost leak test.

Is your car revving over 2500 in neutral? Hows the wiring to the mass airflow sensor? Is your mafs bolted down tight? If it started acting weird out of no where it very well could be the mafs. Clean electrical connections. If you have safc make sure that its reading correct airflow numbers, not bogus 70% airflow at idle.

i tried those thing u told me but every thing seem to be good i took it to one of the shops they told me i have to retard the timing

dont take the engine apart unnessacarly. You introduce human error into the engine life span and its more likely to fail. I dont know why you are going to replace the afc.

Back
Top Bottom