My 300zx failing lol

i learned in my supra which is heavy and underpowered its all about seat time and learning how to drive your car. i def got more bodyroll its all in learning how to shift your weight with the least amount of body roll. I go into the first corner at countyline at 40-50 (if my speedos correct pedal to the floor) i ride close into the corner then feint the car towards the k rails and clutch kick full throttle and fient back towards the corner to enter the corner with angle then fullthrottle through the corner countersteer clutch kick then switch back for the second turn.

Just keep practicing at your own pace. You'll get it eventually. My theory is MY WAY ONLY, and don't listen to anyone's advice. That may sound dick, but that's how I believe to do it.

Dont get ebay coilovers...dont...

+1

go to a parking lot dude honestly your going to wreck your shit, ive wrecked 3 of my 240sx's before i got the hang of drifting and EVEN then shit can happend. what your doing is waiting for your "comfort zone" in the corner. try doing this... go into the turn at about 45 - 50 mph (top of 2nd) feint hard and clutch kick HARD your ass end should sling out very hard since those things are boats. after that just try countersteering and try not to hit wheel lock. if you think you can controll it you can try releasing the steering wheel and grabing it when the car is in a stable drift. all i can say man is try getting into a BIG parking lot!

this is how i learned this was late 05ish.

im 2nd car in the video none of us were good.

YouTube - drifting

we would be out at this drift spot for 4-5 hours :laugh:

and heres a little small spot me and my buddy rickey drift at... no houses just a development place... lol btw im Open diff NA KA lol... but hey i linked it =]
if you listen you can hear how we intiate... me i was mostly using the shiftlock entry cause of open diff. you can also see how you throw the body of car to link it.
YouTube - Drifting

just remember key thing have fun.

Last edited:
looks like i'll be bringing the cones out tonite... can't seem to figure out when to initiate. if i start to early by the time im around the turn i spin.

initiate earlier fo sho, more angle in the entrance and thru the turn. a little faster never hurts...well, sometimes it does, lol.

Back
Top Bottom