Minor help please! (Photography/ Film editors)

KumA

Spectator/ Media/ Drifter
Driver
Hello!

I'm getting the Nikon D7000 and I will be experimenting with the video option on the camera which shoots at 1080p. I was looking into a new laptop, of course a well built desktop for video editing will work, but i was looking at a Macbook Pro laptop from Apple. Does anyone know if they are capable to handle video editing, without the down fall of it running slow and or the laptop to freeze. I will be using an external hard drive to keep all the videos and so on in the hard drive so the computer won't run slow of course.

Please don't come and tell me to get a PC cause I don't want one I want a Mac.

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
-Bryant

More than capable. Thats what these computers are built for. Just upgrade the ram to be on the safe side. I run 8gigs of ram.

Alright thanks, Otis please close thread when you can home slice.

i opened this back up to tell you don't buy a nikon.

that camera is getting a lot of shit because of how poorly it does with video. the auto focus isnt really auto focus.

the sound recording on it sucks and doesn't let you manually control it at all.

buy a canon 60d if you are serious.
and sell everything nikon you own, trust me, I did and i do not regret it.

Thank you Coco puffs.

Zack - I'm getting that type of camera for my hobby. The reason I don't want to switch to Canon is because I don't wanna sit here and sell all my lens and so on. Do you think for what I need it for it will work? Or I shouldn't waste my time? I rather not sell my Nikon stuff and just buy the Canon camera with 2 lens and so on.

THANKS

well it was just released today soo probably not gonna be stocked for a little while

I want to do both shoot and film, probably more film. I spoke to a person at Wolf Camera and they said no complaints so far with the camera.

thats also wolf....

the people there dont really know much.
i was "let go" from wolf because i told people how cameras compare to other cameras that they do not carry in stock.

i was a die hard nikon shooter who hated canon with a passion, until i picked one up.

video in the canon cameras are far beyond what nikon is offering right now

on camera audio levels
multiple shooting speeds: 24p, 30p, 60p
better color reproduction
more 3rd party accessories
better codec

Well, i dont have much experience with video but if i had a question about cameras i would listen to Zack just cause he knows his stuff. The way i see it you could get the Nikon, not be happy with it and then have the urge to want to upgrade to canon or just get the canon now. At the end of the day its gonna be your camera and you will do what you feel right.

What canon camera is good for filming in the same price range as that D7000.

I dont have any problems with the video on my d3100

because you dont take it as serious as the people out there who do.
i bet you can care less about manual controls, no control over sound, and the horrible rolling shutter Nikon have.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

What canon camera is good for filming in the same price range as that D7000.

canon 60d

Back
Top Bottom