Miami Grand Drift feedback thread

I wanted to start by saying thank you for those of you who showed up to the first event at the Miami GP. The driving was awesome the layout was intense and overall everyone loved it. I was very excited to see some old timers hit this track. I hope to continue doing more of these events for you guys. We will be pushing this time for more spectators and drivers for future events.

Wanted to thank Miami Grand drift staff, official, judges, announcer for the all the hard work.

All drives from both classes you guys did a great job

Please if you have any comments or suggestions please feel free to post. I ask if any complains or disputes should arise form this event, please send me a pm and will look over your situation I particular.

Thanks again and hope you guys can come out for the next one

Moe

cant wait for the next one moe!! hopefully ill have a v8 in my car so i can stop worrying about blowing turbos.

I had a good time, maybe have the track ready at the start time next time ( saturday night).. oh and stop picking days that it rains on.

Event was awesome. Organization was on point. Moe does work. If I would have to complain about something it would have to be on tandems. I believe that some drivers who did NOT have cages SHOULD HAVE been given the chance to tandem. Above all, excellent work and hope to see many more events take part at Miami GP.

The event was awesome, I have no complains
Just thank u for changing ur mind n lettin ppl without cages drive

I thought it was a great event over all, the only part i didnt like was that it seemed like a couple of your track attendants were kind of slackin a little bit and better attention should have been paid to the track.

On 2 occasions, a driver lost control, pushing tires on to the track. I watched as no one went to correct this damage for the next drivers. After 2+ runs, I (media) went and fixed the track myself. I dont mind helping to keep the layout organized, but it also wasn't my job. If you watch the video that i posted of Shantelliqua in the media section, you'll notice tires on the track in the last turn..

-Vas

idk, some hood ass Armenian name.. i got bored while typing that paragraph, thought I'd spice it up.

Good event good track and love the fact of class A class B only thing is price is a little high think it should be 100 but 50 for the track and 50 in a pot for event winners. The tracks good but 100 for 4hours of drifting is kinda high unless you get something out of it all in all good event

^you have to consider track cost, insurance, employees, permits... you think Moes gonna pay for all that out of pocket? theres not enough drivers to pay for all of that with $50 each towards the track..

I beleive they charge 50 just to run the carts we are just running bigger carts. Not a complaint just a sugestion notice i didnt say the price was insanely high and maybe with some driver conpensation there couls be a bigger driver turnout the 50/50 was a baseline idea of what can be done there is still room to play with the numbers so in the end track opperation fees and prize money can satisfy both owner and driver. You guys are to afraid to speak up just cuz im talking about this shit dont mean they gonna cancle the events besides worse that can happen is they say no

carts are also slower/smaller/not drifting. plus its the cart track thats running the cart events. in this situation, moe is paying to rent the track(im sure its not cheap) plus im sure the insurance rate is much higher.

Event was great. Only thing I would change for future dates there is:
1: track prepped by start time
2: more seurity in the pits when drivers are running (got better by Saturday night)
3: water for drivers at staging line? It was friggin hot.

Still had a blast, will definitly do the next one, and good operation and people who ran the event.

* and yeah no creepy lady lurkin in the shadows *

Last edited:
2: more seurity in the pits when drivers are running (got better by Saturday night)

Still had a blast, will definitly do the next one, and good operation and people who ran the event.

yeah track prep took way way too long they should have had it done at the start time and wter for divers would be a great idea its a couple bucks for cups and ice and would be a great little perk for drivers. this should be a must for florida events in th summer

Some water would be awesome,
Get a big ass gaterade cooler n fill it with water n ice
IDE pitch in if we had to

It was the firsy event if you noticed last saturday we were able to set it up fairly quick cause we worked it out the week before
that is always an issue, but it was better than countyline. unfortunatly countyline is not set up well for that.
Water? Really? Moe has enough to worry about if the drivers would like to bring a cooler we'll put it by the start line. Don't think I have ever seen that at any event. Not that it's a bad idea. But unlikely

The only thing I would add is. Though it went well, we only had about 8 cars. Trust me that makes things alot easier. If there was 30 drivers I dont think it would have went as well. More drifters = more problems. DRIFTER----> :chair: <----HACHI

Back
Top Bottom