M/T Flywheel bolt specs

Elliot G

Spectator
So i come to confirm that the previous owner used a/t bolts to put up the m/t flywheel. i didnt catch it when i put the new flywheel and clutch on and the bolts came loose and flywheel fell off. Now i have the right bolts but i need to re-tap the threads in the crank. anyone have a clue as to what size and thread pitch the bolts are?

Ok so im doing the 5spd swap...not only do i have to buy the bellhousing bolts but the flywheel bots too, correct?

correct

at ones are way shorter

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

So i come to confirm that the previous owner used a/t bolts to put up the m/t flywheel. i didnt catch it when i put the new flywheel and clutch on and the bolts came loose and flywheel fell off. Now i have the right bolts but i need to re-tap the threads in the crank. anyone have a clue as to what size and thread pitch the bolts are?

why do you need to retap the threads??

the only difference between the a/t and m/t are the length ? or you mean they stripped out when they came loose?

you can take your good flywheel bolts to the hardware store and they should be able to tell you what you need to know btw

correct

at ones are way shorter

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

why do you need to retap the threads??

the only difference between the a/t and m/t are the length ? or you mean they stripped out when they came loose?

you can take your good flywheel bolts to the hardware store and they should be able to tell you what you need to know btw

some hard reasearch on the web and a mom that works at a hardware store helped me out. the bolt thread pitch is m12 x 1.25. yea when the flywheel came out it damaged the first the threads in the crank. also not only did it stripped them out it ovaled the a bit. so im making the best of what i can with what i have. and im also using the proper bolts. if it falls off again, then its new crank or new motor

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Ok so im doing the 5spd swap...not only do i have to buy the bellhousing bolts but the flywheel bots too, correct?

yea the mt bolts are a bit longer. with the at bolts youll probably get 3-5 threads actually on the crank. they are relatively cheap also. i believe they are about 6 bucks a bolt on frsport. you can also try the dealership. and make sure you locktite them cause you really dont wanna see the damage done when the bolts come loose

sr or ka?

i have the tool at my shop for the sr to re-thread it. ill get the try get u the specs.

Back
Top Bottom