LS1 Swap

Spirit

NKOTB
I have a 91 240sx hatch. It was bought as an automatic shell. Now I've heard that when you drop in an LS1 the pedal assembly has to be something else other than stock? Is that true? Also another thing with the swap is the rear axles or diff. I've heard that once you put any more power than a stock LS1 you need to have stronger axles or diff. Any help is much appreciated.

automatic im not sure, but my manual has stock pedals, but a different clutch master.

axles and diff are fine as long as they are good condition. but the driveshaft will need to be custom.

no, the pedal assem. thing is LSX models with a electronic throttle body you have to have a ETB fuel pedal that reads throttle position.

mechanical throttle bodies use stock pedal assem. for MT and ATs

as for a diff, if its not broken dont fuck with it

silviav8.com

It helps to know what transmission you are using.
Your diff will eventually go, thats a given. Unless its just a daily. Wait for the Kerplunk.

I had an auto and sourced all the parts for the conversion and I know the swap well. Feel free to ask questions.

Warning; its not cheap. You will eventually have a money pit, but its worth it.

Warning; its not cheap. You will eventually have a money pit, but its worth it.

Aint that the freakin truth lol. That being said, i've seen people swap them in for less than $5k though, not my case unfortunately. I think im between 7-8k now, maybe more.

For DBW, the electronic pedal is required. If your doing that, i think someone, on silviav8forums, was making an adapter bracket so that you could bolt it to the stock pedal assemby holes.

Aint that the freakin truth lol. That being said, i've seen people swap them in for less than $5k though, not my case unfortunately. I think im between 7-8k now, maybe more.

For DBW, the electronic pedal is required. If your doing that, i think someone, on silviav8forums, was making an adapter bracket so that you could bolt it to the stock pedal assemby holes.

For real^^ I'm easily in the 5000's with my swap right now and no where done lol

It has alot to do with sourcing your parts the cheapest way, which is usually the hardest. You will find that towards the end of it, you will get 40$ and 50$ to death from JEGS. All the fittings. Pulling the motor in and out. Blah blah blah.

Dont take shortcuts. If you do it, do it right.

I agree with the above posts. If yours came with it, then just get an aftermarket dbc throttle body.

If i didnt want a running motor then the whole swap would of been 1-2k cheaper but i wanted a good motor. Got to see the motor running in person before it was pulled out for me.

I got my LM7 out of an insurance vehicle. Cranked it first. Much more piece of mind knowing I can just drop that bitch in. Cutting corners in this area is stupid and pointless. Everyone is out to fuck you.

Im going Ls2 intake too, its easiest. Fbody components. blah blah.

I hope this ends in a build.

Uhhh haha what exactly is a dbc? Also the ECU and harness: do I need the one from the car with the LS1 or do I use mine modified?

Ecu matches the motor. You should keep your old harness to wire in all your lights and whatever else. Or you can do a standalone, either is up to you. I personally did a standalone, its just cleaner in my opinion, but more money.

Drive by cable, google is your friend.

how much money do you have for this? or are you just considering?

Uhhh haha what exactly is a dbc? Also the ECU and harness: do I need the one from the car with the LS1 or do I use mine modified?

easiest option is the painless LSX harness, you can run stock ecu and have it chipped for mods (ex: intake, headers, exhaust) and you can use a 3 or 5 bar map sensor its full plug and play for any LSX cable driven set up

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

DBW= drive by wire, there it no throttle cable the fuel pedal is electronic and it reads throttle % and electronically controls the throttle = lag

find LS2 intake and a manual throttle body with a stock fuel cable, done.

I've got a ls6 intake. It came with my gto ls1.

Had my ls1 harness merged with my 240 harness by a friend. Its pretty simple now that i saw how to do it on silviav8forums.

Back
Top Bottom