LS1 Clutch Shopping Advice Needed.

In my car, I think I pulled the trans off the bell housing, and then pulled the bell housing off.

I believe this is actually in a fbody chassis. In a fbaody its a piece of cake. Pull trans with bell and everything a ton of room. Otherwise in fc or s chassis pull trans then bellhousing.

It's in an s14.

I think you gotta pull the motor in a 240.

Thanks.

Yes it's a S14...

I'll try just the trans first... I'd really rather not pull the motor. If the trans/bell housing method doesn't work, I could just drop the subframe right? I have access to a lift so I don't think it will be TOO hard... But I guess we'll see.

I thought I'd have one I could use.. but it looks like I'll be doing it on the ground. All my help bailed this weekend.

Two days of driving and still taking it easy, but so far the clutch is awesome. Grabs hard but has a softer pedal feel than stock! It's a dream to drive, no matter the distance or traffic. Huge thanks to Pat and everyone else that recommended it. I'm very happy with the Spec stage 3 and aluminum flywheel.

I'll update in a week or so when I get it broken in a little bit and can beat on it.

break it in? never thought of doing that with my exedy lmao. it the first 0.1 mile it was doing a burnout and then .2 was a donut. hahahaha

break it in? never thought of doing that with my exedy lmao. it the first 0.1 mile it was doing a burnout and then .2 was a donut. hahahaha

Normally I would be the same way but this $900 dollars for the clutch and flywheel hit the wallet pretty hard, so I'd like for it to last me a while. lol

Back
Top Bottom