Lowering car issues

either, you can get just the ball joint from nissan, or from napa as someone else said.
i used the whole arm with the ball joint from an s14 just because it gives you a little more turning radius.

so you are 5 lug then?

195 tire does fit on a 7 inch rim. i put 205's on my 8.5 inch rim

240MANSX said:
So I Have To Get The Whole Arm? I Can't Just Replace The Ball Joint?

You can get the front ball joints from NAPA and you can get the bushings from Energy Suspension/Whiteline/Super Pro. You don't need to replace the whole arm if you don't want to.

A lot of people just buy new arms with ball joints and poly bushings already installed because it's a PITA job to do. They're $76 for a pair right now on PDMs site. Not a bad deal at all, but i don't know if those ball joints are stronger than stock. (edit: this was a mistake on my part, $76 is only for the Super Pro bushings. The whole arm is $55.65 each and $110.54 each with Whitelines pressed in)

http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/suspensionbush.html

KRM

Last edited:
blueeyezlatino said:
either, you can get just the ball joint from nissan, or from napa as someone else said.
i used the whole arm with the ball joint from an s14 just because it gives you a little more turning radius.

so you are 5 lug then?

195 tire does fit on a 7 inch rim. i put 205's on my 8.5 inch rim

THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS. :bigthumbu

NAW I'M 4 LUG. SO THE S14 LOWER CONTROL ARMS GIVES YOU MORE TURNING RADIUS? IF SO WOULD IT FIT AN S13 WITH THE STOCK 4 LUG HUB.???

no the s14 lca wont fit the 4 lug s13 spindle, because the hole for the s14 5 lug spindle is larger than the hole on the s13 one. hence the larger ball joint

Well My Car's Balljoint Creeking Was Driving Me Crazy And It Is Embarassing Considering It Is My Daily And It Is My Only Form Of Transportation. So One Day About A Week Ago I Got Sick Of The Creeking So I Jacked Up The Car. Removed The Wheel. I Got A Can Of Wd-40 And With One Hand Lifted The Little Boot And With The Other I Sprayed( Use The Little Red Straw With The Wd-40 Can For A Cleaner And More Concentrated Spray). After That I Put Everything Back Together And No More Creeking. The Car Is Finally Quiet. I Know This Isn't The Professional Way To Repair This Issue But Untill I Get New Lower Control Arms Its All I Could Do And It Worked Fine. I Just Decided To Add This So That Ya Know What To Do When The Creeking Of The Balljoint Is Driving You Insane. It Worked For Me And Now My Car Doesn't Make A Sound. Like I Said Dont Think This Will Fix Your Problem. Your Balljoints Are Still Over 12 Years Old ( Depending On The Year Of Car Ofcourse) And Replacing With New Ones Would Be The Best Thing To Do.

I can get you 2 brand new control arms w/ ball joints for 100 bux. Just PM me.

Sealed ball joints do not require lubrication as they are "lubed for life" but standard ball joints must be lubed from time to time. It's best to inspect standard ball joints once a year. Generally speaking, standard ball joints will outlive sealed ones because eventually the seal will break, causing the joint to dry out and rust. While there is no exact lifespan that can be put on a sealed ball joint, they can fail as early as 125,000 miles. Signs of a failing ball joint start with a clicking or snapping sound when the wheel is turned and eventually turns into a squeaking sound at the end of a stop, when the gas pedal is used and/or also when hitting bumps. Please note that if a ball joint fails, the results can be dangerous as the wheel will attempt to fall off the vehicle, causing one to lose control. Because the tire will be at an odd angle the vehicle will come to a screeching halt, damaging the tire. Also, during failure debris can fly out at orbital speeds, damaging other parts of the vehicle. When there is evidence of a failing ball joint it is best to avoid pot holes, especially at high speeds, as these will cause stress on the ball joint. wikipedia.org

Back
Top Bottom