Lowering car issues

slidewayz240sx

Moving up in life
Driver
After slamming my car with Stance GR+ Pro coilovers i have been having some problem with the front suspension. Ive been hearing weird noises while turning. I had Josh take a look at it as he helped me install it and he thinks it might be the steering rack since the tie rods are lower than the spindles. After looking at parts on SPL parts, could it be my front sway bar? Might I just need new endlinks? Help would be much appreciated.

What kind of noises? Little pops and clinks here and there from time to time? That's just how a every single coilover setup that I have ever been around acts...it's pretty normal.

Eh, I have mcpherson style shocks, these arent just sounds that come from time to time. They happen damn near every time I turn when the car is low.

I agree with what everyone else said.

What kind of noise is it though? Is it like a high pitched grinding noise?
Does it get louder when you hit bumps?

This happened to me a while back when I dropped my car. I tucked the front tires and when I turned the tire it rubbed through my wheel wells(the plastic peice) and started wearing through my harness.

Take off your front wheels and check for any wear in the well. Also check clearance between your wheel and all your suspension parts.

Just trying to help

many things could be, young jedi. TC rods, wheels rubbing. more than likely your ball joint are blown, due to the angle your knockle (spindel) is sitting now. man i dont know shit about cars.

Gahhh shit. Eh, time to start replacing everything. yay! Fully adjustable suspension parts FTW! Price for those parts FTL!

If it is when you are turning and it is pops and clicks then it is the coil. It may have to much tension/preload.

Would anyone that is coming to Port Charlotte this sunday mind taking a look at the install? Make sure me and Josh did everything correct. Currently the car is raised back up though.

Can't be that bad, when I brake the front end of my car goes down as it normally should causing the walls of the front tires to rub against the inside of the wheel wells. It smells like.... burning tires! :laugh: ...I'm gonna need new tires... and wheels.

in got one question. my car gives a loud knock when i press the breakes. it could be felt on the pedal. what could be the issue. and my car squeaks when i turn the wheel. it only happens on the left front wheel. would could be the issue. it sounds like a hinge that need grease.

slide-ways-for-five-days said:
ball joints. they creak. and crack till they go *snap.

Haha I was gonna actually ask you in person what you did to your suspension because i know your shit is slammed to the ground and daily driven :laugh:

what could i do to stop that ball joint creak. could i apply some ball joint grease. if i could, how do i go by doing it??????

240MANSX said:
what could i do to stop that ball joint creak. could i apply some ball joint grease. if i could, how do i go by doing it??????

Apply grease? No, stock S13/S14 ball joints are not serviceable. Apply new, stronger ball joints (~$54 each at NAPA). Verify that this is the problem first though (although most older 240s could use a new set by now anyway).

KRM

are you four lug or five lug? because if you converted your s13 to 5 lug and you didn't get the s14 lca ball joint or the s14 lca, then there's your problem. make sure and get the right joint. s14's are larger than s13 ones

Back
Top Bottom