Losing power @4k rpm

I installed my flex-o-lite fans on my redtop today and went for a test drive. For some reason the car bogs out when I hit boost around 38-4000rpm. The car idles fine and I get no misfire unless I hit 4K. The car feels like it's trying to go into boost but just can't and I can hear the BOV very faintly. The car was running fine before the install of the fans and the car never acted this way before. I checked spark plugs, fuel pump and the MAF was never touched. I'm running a SMIC and I have checked and double checked that I didn't forget to connect a line. Just woundering if anyone has had this problem before. I been checking online all day but have not found the problem.

BOV? Could be opening under boost - which bov do you have? ^^ Check couplings/clamps. whats ur boost gauge reading?

Just fixed it :D a coupler broke and I couldn't tell until I took the coldpipe off. I wish I would have taken the damn thing off this afternoon. I would have saved myself alot of trouble, Ty Benavori and Big Mike. Close it up mods

Back
Top Bottom