local clutch rebuilding

thabeast

Okay so my clutch finally took a crap on me and need to know if any of u guys know of a local place that rebuilds clutch disks and pressure plates. I have a s14 sr20de n/a which means my clutch is 1/2 inch smaller than sr20det so I can't use that clutch I've already bought one and tried. I cannot find this clutch in the states or anyone that will ship it across from over seas. So I am going to keep looking but if anyone knows of a place lmk so I can just take mine to them and save some down time and money. Thanks in advance

Ill look em up and see. Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

I called them they don't rebuild clutches and don't have my clutch either.

Ill look em up and see. Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

I called them they don't rebuild clutches and don't have my clutch either.

Yeah they do lol... they re-pad them for sure or make you a clutch to your specs for about $150 for the disc they quoted me on 4 puck disc

Clutch House IncClutch House Inc
Place page

705 Northwest 8th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311-7316
(954) 463-4404

I called them is that the same place ?

I found an exedy that is a replacement, but couldnt find it in the states I asked enjku if they had it and they didnt and they took my number and name but never found anything.

those clutchs for the sr20de in the fwd sentras are 8 1/2 inches and 18 spline mine is 9 inches or actually 8.85 and 24 spline

Okay I will I've been cross referencing trying to find a new one here threw other means. Even if I find a new one I may take it out and have it rebuilt as a spare.

Nice clutch, although that wont work for me.

I don't know if the spline on an SR NA Tranny is the same on a Turbo but if it is just buy a used det flywheel and resurface then get a details clutch. Just make sure the flywheel will clear the bell housing and everything else.

Yeah the transmission has the same input shaft 24 spline. I would think the det flywheel would work I'm not sure of the starter gear. I didn't wanna waste 50 buying a used flywheel and resurfacing it buying another clutch and not 100% sure it would work not including the down time. I found an exedy clutch that should work I went by the dimensions so I should be good Imma put it in tonight.

It's not the same clutch as the SE-R or any of the other USDM SR20DE's?? Because that should be easy to find..

(disclaimer: I dont know what I'm talking about, really)

It's not the same clutch as the SE-R or any of the other USDM SR20DE's?? Because that should be easy to find..

(disclaimer: I dont know what I'm talking about, really)

No cause those clutches are 8 1/2 inch and 16 spline. Hence not the same at all and will not work

Got the right clutch disk but the pressure plate was off. Measured the one I took out found the right one and getting it on Wednesday. My old one was in pieces and the pressure plate springs were pretty much flat one or two slightly bent. -__-

Last edited:
Got a det flywheel and resurfaced had to grind down the dowel pins and drill out the pressure plate bolt holes 2/16s but it works now to break it in a bit.

:) used a micrometer it was only 2/64ths* taken off. lol didn't catch that typo. I would be worried if I had to drill 1/8 of an inch out of each hole way too much play to be safe.

:) used a micrometer it was only 2/64ths* taken off. lol didn't catch that typo. I would be worried if I had to drill 1/8 of an inch out of each hole way too much play to be safe.

so u meant 1/32 :) gotta reduce ur fractions buddy ;)

Shoulda shaved it about a quarter inch or so... lightweight ftw

Back
Top Bottom