Lightening a flywheel

J*RoMe

mythical beast
Driver
I have a stock SR flywheel, and my friend has a TODA lightend flywheel?

Is there anywhere I could take my flywheel, and have them shave it like his?

honda solutions back in the day used to do it.. but i dont know where are they located now.. they used to be in hialeah .. try googleing .

^ honda solutions was a joke. They sent it out for the work.

J rok. Swing by any good clutch shop/ machine shop.

MIAMI CLUTCH

CLUTCH HOUSE IN FT LAUDERDALE etc etc....

Swing it by the machine shop tell them you wanna lighten it and balance it. They should be able to take off 6 lbs or so easily. Get it balanced and resurfaced and your good to go.

machine shops are a good place, but sometimes its not worth the cost. Mine was lightened %20 for $150... I could have had a %40 lighter one for $600 so It was worth it to me.

It is safe, not prone to cracking if done correctly. Thats why I suggest a race machine shop over your regular everyday machine shop.

I drove mine for 3 months with not 1 issue at all.

you dont need a warranty if its done right lol i had mine done on my supra for30 but its my dads friend who did it. I trust him with my life so why not a flywheel.

you dont need a warranty if its done right lol i had mine done on my supra for30 but its my dads friend who did it. I trust him with my life so why not a flywheel.

Guess I got owned then, but oh well. Far less than an aftermarket flywheel, and gets the job done. I would love to take it to someone to see if they can lighten it further though.

well now we know a price range.. i just want to see where E30 Gansta got it made??

yeah tell us Gangsta, I would like to do this in the next week or so. And thanks for the info by the way.

Back
Top Bottom