leak in spark plug hole

soo i noticed that my car was running sluggish, i poped the hood and notices that there was a build up of wat appears to be oil in the #1 sparkk plug hole. idk wat it is and i ran the car for a bit and actually saw some drips and it looked very clear, i really think its oil, but it being very clear could it be water? idk wat the problem is, can somebody plz help. oh btw its a 89 SOHC engine

sohc doesn't have spark plug holes, they go right into the head next to the headers

In other words there no where for fluids to accumalate and if it's clear and feels oily it's ps fluid

take a flash light and look down into the hole...

If the whole piston is oily U have a blown oil control ring or compression ring.

I think might have fucked something, do a compression test asap! they rent the tool at autozone

i didnt remove the spark plug but when the car was on i looked where the plug threads in and i saw that little droplets were forming

best way to see what it is... im telling you.... you know if it taste funny then its oil and if it taste like water then bam :bigthumbu

i looked at it again this morning and it looked like water. if its that, could it stop the spark plug from creating spark resulting in my car having a loss of power?

this makes no sense there is no water anywhere near there unless u bleew the headgasket and even then the sparkplug would have to be loose for it to come out of there

i think i might have this same problem, except my shit wont idle at all anymore, is burning oil and has horrible compression..... so idk maib its a bad valvecover gasket like u guys say, if not im thinkin bad valve seals. my car is dual cam tho

Back
Top Bottom