Latin American Drift Spirit

^ yeah guy is about on the same level as our AM guys here, not bad but he was a few feet off clips and the exit transitions looked a bit rushed. Seemed like he had the power to ride them out longer.

^ yeah guy is about on the same level as our AM guys here, not bad but he was a few feet off clips and the exit transitions looked a bit rushed. Seemed like he had the power to ride them out longer.

well it seams like you do know your shizzle !

This guy was new to the track and could not practice a lot, it was like first try with lil room for practice , he pretty much went sideways everywhere he could with no plan but still managing to do it with stile.

I´m sure your home boys can perform as good or even better that´s why ya´ll need to come down here.

Last edited:
yea like you have never street drifted?

anyways, there is no magic way to get good, practice a ton is all. but we can definitely help you skip some of the bad habits/traps to fall into and give you good starting pointers. like i said before, fly me out, ill instruct all day.

^ well all the spots I slide there is no other traffic at all. He was like driving with alot of other cars all around him, when I go sliding the only person im going to hurt is myself if something happens.

yea like you have never street drifted?

anyways, there is no magic way to get good, practice a ton is all. but we can definitely help you skip some of the bad habits/traps to fall into and give you good starting pointers. like i said before, fly me out, ill instruct all day.

Well thanks man I really apreciate your coment and yes I agree, "practice makes perfect" or like we say: "La practica hace al maestro"

I will pass the on word and try to get something solid to bring you and any other that´s interested in teaching some tricks and good gidelines.
We can all use some advice down here.

^ well all the spots I slide there is no other traffic at all. He was like driving with alot of other cars all around him, when I go sliding the only person im going to hurt is myself if something happens.

Hey Piner, I hear you man... it can be dangerous but in all this years that I´ve been street drifting I´ve never put anyone in danger .... Aside from some broken oilpans and messed up spoilers ( battle wunds ) I haven´t put anyone at risk.

Ofcourse anything can go wrong I know and the adrenaline factor keeps you doing it dispite the danger. but you are right , is not a place to practice. unless you are really good at it.

That´s why we are so interested in making this events more and more popular so we all have a place to try things out without harming anyone.

Thanks for the input ! :bigthumbu

nice...

would love to see the red bimmerr doing the same on the track dry, full speed full lock, full smoke...would be sick. nice vids nonetheless though.

i agree with Piner like i mentioned in the first thread, donuts and figure 8's would be a lot of help for most of those guys.

and once they have throttle control and weight transfer down, they will probably be looking for more steering angle.

very nice, looks like you guys are on your way.:bigthumbu

Thanks hhn2002 !

Well we are doing what we can here , see down here our incomes dont let all of us to buy state of the art cars or accesories plus, the sponsors are not willing to pay for the broken parts, tires ,e.t.c. at least not yet.

A drift class/show would do wonders for many of us.

:Rally20Sm

shit, dont make your cars pretty until you have the car performance/driving skill somewhat settled. id rather watch a guy in a beat car combo a course than a guy with strobe lights, bodykit and sweet paint job spin out every turn.

"Born on the mountain roads of rural japan 30 years ago,
drifting has emerged from the shadows of an uderground
and mostly ilegal motorsport to become a worldwide obessesion"

-Unknown.

nice...

would love to see the red bimmerr doing the same on the track dry, full speed full lock, full smoke...would be sick. nice vids nonetheless though.

i agree with Piner like i mentioned in the first thread, donuts and figure 8's would be a lot of help for most of those guys.

and once they have throttle control and weight transfer down, they will probably be looking for more steering angle.

See Dorian, We don´t know what fugure 8´s are , I know the concept because I´m a FAA Private pilot (means I can only fly for my self and friends) and you need to master figure 8 on the air, also you read this on some English leguage car magazines as being part of their tests , that if you speak english.

We are in our first steps and thats´why we need guidance.

Cool coment !

Last edited:
figure 8 is simple. draw a course that looks like an 8 with cones. try to make it big enough for people to use 2nd gear (about 30-40mph) and let them try to drive it. they should be doing a left around one end, transition to the right around the other.

at first just make sure they can 'get around' each end at first, just putting a single cone on each end. then start adding an 'inside' circle that they must stay outside of. then they should start getting hang of transitions, line, and throttle control.

quick and dirty version:
8.jpg

Last edited:
^ +1

figure 8's are very helpful in learning how to keep the car stable in a transition

figure 8 is simple. draw a course that looks like an 8 with cones. try to make it big enough for people to use 2nd gear (about 30-40mph) and let them try to drive it. they should be doing a left around one end, transition to the right around the other.

at first just make sure they can 'get around' each end at first, just putting a single cone on each end. then start adding an 'inside' circle that they must stay outside of. then they should start getting hang of transitions, line, and throttle control.

quick and dirty version:
http://www.sfldrifters.com/gallery/files/7/0/7/8.jpg

+1 , great starter practice

quick and dirty version:
http://www.sfldrifters.com/gallery/files/7/0/7/8.jpg

Now thats what I call Advice !
That goes to all of you ----

Perfect, it seams like the figure 8 not only shows you the throttle control and Steering imput but also the transition like you mention, to me drift is not just about powersliding on corner exits, its about full car control and transitions play an esencial roll. Racing line is the best to make the longest drifts.

Thanks Dawg ! I will post this on our local blog and try out those figure 8´s on our next training with our drifters.
:bigthumbu:bigthumbu:bigthumbu

Saludos to my BRO JoeBimmer:)

Saludos Back to Guido, a new soon to be drifter.
MustanG FAHRER

Guatemalan - Deutscher Gear head !

Last edited:
What up SFLDrifters !

Thanks for the good coments on Guatemala Drifting.
We are starting down here and we do apreciate the good advice but completely dissaprove the bad coments on this thread :

http://www.sfldrifters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49048&highlight=guatemala

I´ve been drifting underground for some time now and I like that this is becoming a more popular sport. We need more and more practice that is for DAM sure and we have the spirit to aim for perfection. So dont thrash us with Low IQ coments please.

We'd like to see some SFL and other U.S. Drifters down here to share some experience as well as show off their skills...

Like Local girls ? bring some American Booty along to trade in:bigthumbu

That said, lets make a big Drift comunity instead of attacking our fellow drifters !

Give us some imput about Drift advice in general and specialy on "transition techniks"

Peace Brothers (from Guatemala)

Anyone seen Turista the movie??? its a setup they want our organs :ugh:

Back
Top Bottom