Latin American Drift Spirit

Joebimmer

What up SFLDrifters !

Thanks for the good coments on Guatemala Drifting.
We are starting down here and we do apreciate the good advice but completely dissaprove the bad coments on this thread :

http://www.sfldrifters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49048&highlight=guatemala

I´ve been drifting underground for some time now and I like that this is becoming a more popular sport. We need more and more practice that is for DAM sure and we have the spirit to aim for perfection. So dont thrash us with Low IQ coments please.

We'd like to see some SFL and other U.S. Drifters down here to share some experience as well as show off their skills...

Like Local girls ? bring some American Booty along to trade in:bigthumbu

That said, lets make a big Drift comunity instead of attacking our fellow drifters !

Give us some imput about Drift advice in general and specialy on "transition techniks"

Peace Brothers (from Guatemala)

Don't take the negativity personally.

Just to recap on that thread:

1. Safer environment for spectators (k rails or barriers or lots and lots of space between track and spectators)
2. Try to continue to hold events regularly because seat time is the best way to learn.
3. encourage drivers with open differentials to invest in LSD's or welding their differentials.

after that the progression should really come naturally.

Have fun.

hahaha, look at all the little kids watchin the dancers! best part by the way

Don't take the negativity personally.

Just to recap on that thread:

1. Safer environment for spectators (k rails or barriers or lots and lots of space between track and spectators)
2. Try to continue to hold events regularly because seat time is the best way to learn.
3. encourage drivers with open differentials to invest in LSD's or welding their differentials.

after that the progression should really come naturally.

Have fun.

I totaly Agree, on all 3 observations... That´s the tipe of coments we and anybody can Respect !

It was WET Surface by the Way , my bad ...

The safer enviroment for spectators will be suggested to the organizers next
time unless they want to carry dead bodies out of the track.

Thanks !:bigthumbu

Major props but how did the guy win (1st place) Chamipion of Drift by sliding that 1 corner?
I see the events as comepletely unsafe as Choku-dorian technically put it...
But keep going forward....
GL

hahaha, look at all the little kids watchin the dancers! best part by the way

To be honest with you down here our sexual needs for girls start an an early age compared to other part of the world :thumbup:

Party was ok, there´s never enough girls, we all keep on wanting more. :D

Major props but how did the guy win (1st place) Chamipion of Drift by sliding that 1 corner?
I see the events as comepletely unsafe as Choku-dorian technically put it...
But keep going forward....
GL

I hope this answers your question E'sFactoryAE86 and for all of you to get a bigger picture.

YouTube - Tijuiliando.com en el Summer Drift Fest Guatemala

it is a small circuit former national racetrack of the 80´s was cut in half due to near housing projects so we are left with only a coulple of bends.

There is a bigger circuit down the coast but is a bit further away for the city´s s Gear Heads.

Last edited:
^ well I think you guys should set up some sort of beginners course were you have cones set up to do donuts and figure 8's around, that will teach most people good throttle control and getting the feel of the car, also in the first video, was that cone the clipping point? if it was then it was way to early you are basically choking the drivers line off by having such and early clip. At least make it near the center or the turn near where it would be for the real racing line.

What up SFLDrifters !

Thanks for the good coments on Guatemala Drifting.
We are starting down here and we do apreciate the good advice but completely dissaprove the bad coments on this thread :

http://www.sfldrifters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49048&highlight=guatemala

I´ve been drifting underground for some time now and I like that this is becoming a more popular sport. We need more and more practice that is for DAM sure and we have the spirit to aim for perfection. So dont thrash us with Low IQ coments please.

We'd like to see some SFL and other U.S. Drifters down here to share some experience as well as show off their skills...

Like Local girls ? bring some American Booty along to trade in:bigthumbu

That said, lets make a big Drift comunity instead of attacking our fellow drifters !

Give us some imput about Drift advice in general and specialy on "transition techniks"

Peace Brothers (from Guatemala)

DO YOU DRIFT IN TUNNELS AND SHIT?

Lets difine "underground" :

Illegal, prohibited, Counter-culture, alternative. On this context it would mean clandestine drifting.
Illegal Street drift if you want to call it that way. So please don’t take the literal meaning of the word just to sound cool among the viewers, while making a weak effort to make me look bad.

Thanks for your comment and if you know of any nice twisty tunnels let me know so I can Drift the SHIT out of them !

I think you did not read the entire post , go back and read it please.

Thanks for the good input SLF Drifters , I already posted your good advice on the local Blog so we can all benefit from your opinions :bigthumbu

now do that same thing in the dry

Thats the hole Idea and beleave it or not its been done here on dry but for training porpurses wet is better while putting less stress on the car´s parts tires and on you as a driver.

Check some japaneese Videos , they train on wet !

^ yeah but the next step is dry, with grip so you can slide at full speed not slowmotion like in the wet. I mean I slide highway offramps in the wet in 3rd gear its not that hard in the rain.

^ yeah but the next step is dry, with grip so you can slide at full speed not slowmotion like in the wet. I mean I slide highway offramps in the wet in 3rd gear its not that hard in the rain.

I know what you mean, if we dont master it on dry then we wont have complete control thuss not becoming real drifters.

But to be honest I totaly prefer the wet surface like you said the "slow motion" is what I enjoy , I´d be happy if the drift could last for ever...

Here I drop yet another video shot in Guatemalan Race track "Pedro Cofiño", this was a demo performed by a Costa Rican Drift profesional.

YouTube - Drifting autodromo Pedro Cofino

YouTube - Drifting autodromo Pedro Cofino 2

Costa Rica is still part of Central America :)

Back
Top Bottom