Kade Timing

I had my motor built (by someone i later found out to be a moron) and my timing is all over the place. i know how to time the cams, but my question is:
The crank chain, is it absolutely necessary for the yellow chain link and the little yellow dimple to be lined up?
Ive been turning the crank by hand and it was six away to the right, and then it was four away to the left.

The car would run with where the timing was, but as soon as it saw load, and drove down the street it would stall out if you weren't on the gas..

try lining up the yellow links to were there supose to go n take it from there. Or fck with the dizzy n the little sensor in the back of the intake mani n see were that gets u

uh if ur lining that shit up and painted marks dont line up
then line up tdc by removing spark plug# 1 and make sure its on compression stroke there s a mark on harmonic balencer...put a extention in the hole and it should be all the way up to acknowlege TDC...
when the piston is up its only compresion or jst b4 exhaust stroke....SO theres only one way to be wrong
then when u get TDC....u have to install dizzy...like a turn bakwards so when it lines up in motor its in line with screws..
there r plenty of write ups on it...just be calm when doing it..
also if engine idles fine etc but when u put load it fuks up its not timming but low volt to fuelpump or sumwhere else..
its a simple process of elimination...one peice by 1...
i hope that helps and ddnt mean to write like ur dumb either....
ive been thru mad shit with the ka24de..and u can never kno....
just go down the list...
and report bak

Last edited:
thanks guys. its not the cams i have problems with, i was just curious as to the lower chain. the marks dont line up, but she ran, so i guess it was okay. and Infected, thanks for the heads up about the fuel pump, I"ll deff check that and let you guys know how it goes.

Edit: I had my fans temporarily tun to the fuel pump fuse. Ive removed it since you mentioned it, but haven't started the car to see if it helps..

Last edited:
Ok, so i ran out of time tonight, but i have another strange question.

After removing the spark plug for cylinder 1, looking down into it i see (and had on the tip of my screwdriver) what looked like really dirty oil. This motor was just built, ive only been able to get 11 miles on it (test driving it)

I'm fearing a teardown in the next few days, at which i would love to "hire" someone to come over here for a weekend.

Back
Top Bottom