Ka24de Timing Crazyness!!!!

I HAVE A KADE AND THE TIMING SEEMS TO BE OFF. I USED THE TIMING LIGHT TO TRY AND ADJUST IT AND HERES WHAT OCCERD:

1ST ATTEMPT: manualy turn engine to TDC, put dist rotor on 1st cylinder spark plug. turn on engine set to 20*BTDC. car turns on but sucks on top end. ( distributer has to be all the way advanced to be 20*BTDC.)

2ND ATTEMPT: manualy turn engine to TDC, put dist rotor one tooth past 1st cylinder plug. car wont spark.

3RD ATTEMPT: manualy turn engine to TDC, put dist rotor one tooth before 1st cylinder plug. car turns on but aidles crazy then turns off.

i think the top chain might be on wrong but i dont wana mess with it anymore, i rather just send it to someone who knows how to do it and has done it before. i need this fixed dudes. thanks

...arent you the kid that thought your car was over-heating from your header, dude..dont touch anything that has to do with your engine's timing.. seriously.

im in hialeah.

sounds like the chains on wrong

can you fix it? if so how much?when?

...arent you the kid that thought your car was over-heating from your header, dude..dont touch anything that has to do with your engine's timing.. seriously.

that manifold was throwing alot of heat man lol. but na i can adjust the timing using the timing light but i dont want to mess with the chain.

Last edited:
just making sure alot of ppl dont know its supposed to be on the compression stroke, lol, gl with ur problem anyways

sounds like the sprockets are off. the timing marks on the cams aren't supposed to be straight up. they're supposed to hang out a little to the right on the exhaust cam and a little to the left on the intake side. also, ka dist. is wack. as soon as u put it in all the way it's turned like 45 deg.

just throwing this out there in case you dont know... Proper way to get base timing is to start it up and get it to operating temp turn off the motor disconnect TPS hook timing light up and start motor and adjust to get your base timing.

just throwing this out there in case you dont know... Proper way to get base timing is to start it up and get it to operating temp turn off the motor disconnect TPS hook timing light up and start motor and adjust to get your base timing.
+1 and turning the motor up to tdc for the distributor is retarded. put the crank notch at 20 btdc and put the distributor on at point one. that will get u in the ballpark and you can then fine tune with the method mentioned by sidways

idk the chain rattles alot when im driving. i just want someone who knows how to do this to do it.

i readjusted the upper chain cuz i was off by a tooth on the intake side. i put it hows says its suppose to be on jimwolftechnology.com. and it still rides bad. it turns off more often now. can anyone point me in the dirrection of some who will fix this please??

bump^^^^^

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom