ka24de hates me

jdm_dsao

ight SFL i just did a ka24de swap in my sil due to me blowing the ka that was in it previously well story goes on i swapped it in cranked it up starts idles wierd i adjusted it idles at 1000 OK everything is good sounds like a mustang take it for a ride drives OK wont go past 5 grand but dosent sound that healthy i come back get the timing light check the timing STROBE goes off red timing is all fucked up...NEXT STEP adjust timing set it just the way the manual says car dosent fire up WTF FTW....then adust it again same shit changes the spark plugs wires use another dizzy..and fuel is kicking in strong ........any suggestions???? i searched and didnt find shit. HELP ME OUT..

dev

Are you sure it's sparking? Does the starter kick in? Relays and fuses functioning properly? (Find out why it won't start first) Probably didn't adj. the timing correctly either.

im getting spark the starter is kicking in and all relays fuses are working properly. Maybe i'm just timing wrong ..can you tell me how its suppose to be done??? So then i can use go over my mistakes. thanks for your help

dev

Ignition timing should be set while the engine is idling at 700-750 rpm, with the throttle position sensor unplugged. Loosen upper and lower distributor adjustment bolts and rotate until you see your second timing mark from the right aligned with your timing pin. You have to align these marks while you are looking at it from a 45 degree angle. Then tighten distributor bolts, and plug in tps.

If you put the distributor in the center of the adjustment the engine should start, as a matter of fact ive never stalled an engine by having the distributor adjusted incorrectly. So if you have it in the middle it should start. Look at other things that could be wrong other then your ign advance. Make sure the engine is getting spark and fuel.

Back
Top Bottom