ka tranny to fit sr

Phil @ Aero K

AK's V.P.
Driver
i called this guy neil at bumble bee racing and he said he would charge me 300 to swap the bell housing and use the ka tranny to work on my sr. he said something about takeing some internals out or something like that. so if i gave him a ka tranny.. is that a good price. is what he is saying tru. because from what i understude i thought you just had to swap the bell housing. let me know what you guys think.
thank you

dean (truejdm)
im under phils name

i know you can use the SR tranny on KA bellhousing, dunno how much diff. the internals are, ask z4k he'll probably know

There are some differences internally but all that's needed is a bell housing swap. $300 is very high but most of Neil's prices are. He's a good guy and does pretty good work but he always charges too much. Check out freshalloy.com or nico.com for info.

so nothing needs to be taking out? the only thing i need to do to make it work is swap the bell housing right? o and neil has allways giving me what i think a good price. is doing my clutch for 200 bucks i called around and other places were saying like 3 to 4

how bad is the grind? will it go in or is it hard to get in to 5th. what about all the other gears. are they smooth like butter. ummmmm butter. o and where do you live cause i might just do that.

The trans has to be pulled apart to swap the bell houseings. It isnt as easy as it sounds. Neil knows his stuff. I got a SR tranny from my Green S14. It is included in the deal on you FOR SALE GSXR thread... ;)

You stupid kid dean stop posting under my name..log out onto yours and if u do post by accident..delete it and put it under urs..i dont got an SR nukka!!

Yea i see that but instead of puttin that, u shud of signed out...and dont get smart with me assclown

Last edited:
It is pretty simple. Half the trans internals are exposed but it's easy to do. $300 is a rip off. I'm just trying to help.

Taken from Freshalloy.com - user: S14Redtop
Swapping the bellhousing is easy. You need to remove the front cover of the tanny..which is where the input shaft comes into the bellhousing. There are like 5-6 bolts. Remove the spacer and the snap ring that are under the cover. Next you remove the bolts at the midsection of the tranny...where the bellhousing connects to the rear half. When you get these (8 or so) bolts out, flip the tranny upright onto the bellhousing, tip it a bit and hit the edge of the bellhousing with a rubber mallet. That's it.

ya its not that hard. if you really need help, take your handy dandy note book, or camera. and take pictures of what your are doing so when you put it back together you know where everything goes.

ps i live in lake worth pm me for more info

Back
Top Bottom