Ka-t water temp question.

GripStigma.com

(0)=(0)/ 180sx. \(0)=(0)
Media
Ok, does anyone have any idea why for some reason, my car's water temp begins to rise above 220, where it normally sits. I was told that it could be because of "air" being trapped, so i started the car with no cap on, let it run for about 15 mins, and let ALL the bubbles out. Still doing it. Any ideas, if you need more info, just ask. Thanks in advance guys.

Headgasket going, bad thermostat, coolant leak, water pump on.its way out, fans not cooling it good enough, can be many things when it comes to heating problems

Headgasket going, bad thermostat, coolant leak, water pump on.its way out, fans not cooling it good enough, can be many things when it comes to heating problems

I appreciate the reply guys. I doubt the headgasket is going since it is only 2000 miles old, but it is a possibility. I have no thermostat, and havent for a while so i know it isnt that. It gets extremely hot in the bay, i have dual fans, but only one is wired up. I forgot to mention above, that one of my hoses from the firewall burst, spraying coolant. I added water in after fixing the hose, since i was in a publix parking lot.. lol. And ever since then its had the heat problem. I was thinking about it more, and realized that water boils at a lower temp than coolant therefore causing the water to evaporate. Leaving the radiator with less coolant and more air...

are you losing any coolant?

No sir! lol

I appreciate the reply guys. I doubt the headgasket is going since it is only 2000 miles old, but it is a possibility. I have no thermostat, and havent for a while so i know it isnt that. It gets extremely hot in the bay, i have dual fans, but only one is wired up. I forgot to mention above, that one of my hoses from the firewall burst, spraying coolant. I added water in after fixing the hose, since i was in a publix parking lot.. lol. And ever since then its had the heat problem. I was thinking about it more, and realized that water boils at a lower temp than coolant therefore causing the water to evaporate. Leaving the radiator with less coolant and more air...

No sir! lol

Using water wouldn't matter, I've used nothjng but water in my cooling system never had a problem, what size fan u using? Is it pushing or pulling? Could be wired wrong, should def have 2 fans on, in my opinion stock fan is the best never really have to worry about much, do a leak down test and see what happens after that but I'd def get both those fans on and running, does the car only start to heat up at a stop then when driving cool back down?

I'm not sure about the pull or push, i'll have to re check that tomorrow. Now it will sit pretty good if i just cruise, but at stops, and if i beat on it a lil it begin to rise significantly. But yes stopped it runs hotter, and then when i start to move it cools back down.

If it only gets hot when sitting still it is I water circulation issue or simply not getting enough air across the radiator

IS IT A S14 MOTOR?
IF IT IS U NEED TO SWAP OUT SINGLE TERMINAL TEMP SENSOR TO A S13 ONE
and why do u have heater hooked up....it doesn't get cold here ever..
if heater is connected u need to bleed water system while car is at a 45 degree angle

Last edited:
IS IT A S14 MOTOR?
IF IT IS U NEED TO SWAP OUT SINGLE TERMINAL TEMP SENSOR TO A S13 ONE
and why do u have heater hooked up....it doesn't get cold here ever..
if heater is connected u need to bleed water system while car is at a 45 degree angle
Its an s13 motor, what do you mean by heater hooked up?

Its an s13 motor, what do you mean by heater hooked up?

the hoses hes talking about , if u look on the fire wall behind the intake mani, theres 2 kinda small hoses for the heater core, to supply heat for the a/c, 1 hose goes into the cabin, the other goes out, to by pass it u literally just loop it

the hoses hes talking about , if u look on the fire wall behind the intake mani, theres 2 kinda small hoses for the heater core, to supply heat for the a/c, 1 hose goes into the cabin, the other goes out, to by pass it u literally just loop it
ahh i should probably do that... lol

you can leave the heater hoses on but do as sr said bleed it at a 45 degree angle but use the bleeder screw, theres a reason why its there. since its the highest point in the cooling system that ls where the air is gunna exit the easiest

Back
Top Bottom