KA-T (Stale smoke smell)

GripStigma.com

(0)=(0)/ 180sx. \(0)=(0)
Media
I'm a little confused... Went out to dinner tonight, and when i got the resturant and got out of the car, i smelled stale smoke. I kinda figured it was somone smoking something around us, so i didnt think much of it. Anyhow, when i came out an hour or so later and started the car, i began to smell it again. I looked under the hood.... Nothing, although i can smell it strong by the wiper motor area, and on the opposite side by my downpipe... Any ideas, as to what this might be? Its bothersome, esspecially not knowing what it is.

Only thing I think of that smells wierd is the brakes are starting seize up and getting to hot or clutch. But without me being there couldnt be to sure. But those are 2 things that smell that I know of

Only thing I think of that smells wierd is the brakes are starting seize up and getting to hot or clutch. But without me being there couldnt be to sure. But those are 2 things that smell that I know of
Well.... my clutch is going out.. lol, and i just changed out my master cylinder, and didnt bleed my brakes, maybe i should have?

Well.... my clutch is going out.. lol, and i just changed out my master cylinder, and didnt bleed my brakes, maybe i should have?

yea try that out. but you said your clutch is going out so most likely its that. if your clutch is slipping then thats the smell

Did you bench bleed the master? and you should always bleed your brakes when removing a master or caliper . Other than that change your clutch out and see if it goes away

Is your wiper motor hot? I have had one lock up, and it had a burnt electrical smell to it every time I turned the key on.

When my first clutch ran out on me, I was thinking a dead animal was in my engine bay it smelled so bad lol... Never forgot that smell. I definately wouldn't call that a stale smell... Stale to me would be like burning coolant smell or a hydraulic/oil burning smell. Is your engine bay clean?

Back
Top Bottom