KA or SR

Haha sorry Rick. I know how shit is and you get props where its due. You have sick ass skills behind the wheel and when you came to Naples when I first met you had a sick ass motor in the car. Im surprised it lasted 10k+ miles. Just make sure this motor is done right. Cant wait to see you out there driving again. Me and Josh were talking about how if you had a car at Nopi Port Charlotte you probably could have gotten your license.

anyways

get an SR.

MiaS13 said:
personally it all depends what you want man.....cause you get a head gasket and some good pistons and you can abuse the shit out of the KA man. those motors can take a beating iron blocks ftw they are heavy but can take whatever you throw at them if done right

CA is iron block and its still lighter than an SR, And I for one have never heard of one throwing a rod through the block.

The CA is so underated simply because of the 200cc difference and really if displacement matter THAT much everyone would get a KA-T

Then I always hear "oh but CA's spin rod bearings".... ok but SR's and KA's Blow the fuck up whats cheaper resurfacing a crank and new bearings or a new engine....

well, my firt sr would still be running today if i didnt run the gas tank down past empty at an event. actually the nopi qual. i dnf that time. my lil bro has gone through more ka's than i can shake a stick at, and now he is with the sr camp.

just go sr. it'll save huge headaches. i love mine.

Piner said:
... ok but SR's and KA's Blow the fuck up whats cheaper resurfacing a crank and new bearings or a new engine....
On the current market you can buy a decent running KA for under $200.

The big three have their weak point in regards to reliability. SR=valvetrain, KA=ringlands, CA=bearings.

Of concern is how easily the engine can be built to compensate for its reliability shortcomings, and how much it'll cost. Again, it all depends on what's good for the individual.

Alright guys thanx alot... I think im gonna go with the KA. even if i blow it it'll be easier for me to replace it... another 1 cost like $300 so its good.

rb_reds13 said:
theres people running stock motor 400+hp daily driven for over 3 years... :bigthumbu

show me, I dont believe you.

SnoOgAns said:
Alright guys thanx alot... I think im gonna go with the KA. even if i blow it it'll be easier for me to replace it... another 1 cost like $300 so its good.

yea from my experience, swapping engines every few months gets real old real fast.

show me, I dont believe you.
Ka-t.org just search there are a few on there.
ka cory is one of them...i think thats his name...I think he did 419 on a to4e.
Either way, sr20's, ka-t's, rb2_'s they all have weaknesses and all blow!

many sr20 spin rods bearings they aren't indestructable. the ka is definitely cheaper to build. the sr comes from the factory ready for boost. the ka... no. that doesn;t mean there aren't some bad ass ka-t that do last longer than an couple thousand miles. tuning is key. know some sr's with excessive blowby from improper tuning and those motors go as well. it all depends on your budget and taste. some people will argue ka and some sr. if you can afford an sr or can take the downtime of building a ka(only if you dont have an extra block ready to build) then go for it. but i like the sound of t3t4 w/ 40 mm wastegate and ssbov out of a 2.4 than a 2.0. take car of anything you own and it will last quite a while.

Look Im Not A Follower
I Love Da Ka Ive Even Ran On Sr20dets Only B4 Dey Boost On Me
And Ive Had So Much Good Wheel Time Wit Ka's I Like Da Tork
But Im So Fukin Burnt On The Inttermitant Problems Im About To Break Da Bank On A Sr20de......which Ill Boost And Put An Msd 6al W Blaster2 Coil
Or I Can Pull Some Strings And Get Da Bread For The Sr20det But It Alll Depends
Im Jus Tired Of The Bullshit Problems Wit The Feed Back System On Da Ka
I Need Fukin Reliability
So I Can Drift And Bass Out The Cars In Traffic

Back
Top Bottom