ka idle problem

carcrazee

Driver
ok so for the past few days ive noticed that my car (s13 ka24de) is idling at like 1k when usually its at 700-800..its really bothering me but the car hasnt performed any different but i think it might have to do with how hot the engine bay is? or my thermostat? the thermostat is goin bad but still shows the temp

any ideas? idk if any of this makes sense but ill take all the help i can get

Last edited:
Sounds like its getting a little hotter than usual so its dumping more fuel to bring the temp down.... does it act the same while driving at night?

Sounds like its getting a little hotter than usual so its dumping more fuel to bring the temp down.... does it act the same while driving at night?

yea i feel like its that also but the temp guage isnt reading any differently, while driving in the rain its fine and at night its normal as well...but its such a random problem tho it started a few days ago

coolant temp sensor. just check both sensors, there right next to eachother. use electrical parts cleaner just to clean the clips. and make shure your chassis grounds are good.

coolant temp sensor. just check both sensors, there right next to eachother. use electrical parts cleaner just to clean the clips. and make shure your chassis grounds are good.

as long if its easy, im not down for changing somthing impossible to get to, ive had it with lil shit like that

ok so i got the cts sensor, brand new and its fixed but it still sometimes likes to idle at 1000 and act like it used to even at night

voltage to iacv..circuit...blk/yellow wire at f9-f10 connector by battery..
also takin off iacv and clean it
if u dun wanna take it off then pour seafoam down in brake booster hose while engine is running and reving it to keep it running and that should clean out iacv

wat u mean rewire speed sensor?
and i dun kno how much id charge cause id have to go to u etc...
and u dun have rod knock like ben rite?
i guess like 50 dorraz to start....
lmk

well the speed sensor is easy u can check the harness ounder car on rightside of tranny...theres a plug ull see close to bell housing

Yeah yo n if u feel like its ur thermostat giving u problems just take it out it takes like 5 mins todo

Back
Top Bottom