Ka gurus i need ur help

dont give him ideas man. then hes gonna have way more torque than me and then ill boost and hell boost and it would be bad for me. lol its been done but i heard its not very streetable

why? because he asked a question?

when you ask you learn shit, this project is cool and fuck a 2.6 liter ka. and then throw a stroker on it 2.8 liter!

lol throw a stroker on an already stroked motor!!!

sure why not make a long rod motor, have even longer rods! go for it!
:bigthumbu

oh and check out joey at spool up racing hes running at 2.6 ka-t with a greddy turbo kit and v-mount setup, guess what....... its his daily, so it will work perfect!

Last edited:
lol throw a stroker on an already stroked motor!!!

sure why not make a long rod motor, have even longer rods! go for it!
:bigthumbu

oh and check out joey at spool up racing hes running at 2.6 ka-t with a greddy turbo kit and v-mount setup, guess what....... its his daily, so it will work perfect!
yup yup :bigthumbu

who said anything about making the rods longer? you're making the stroke longer. the rods stay the same size

http://enjukuracing.com/brian-crower-stroker-ka24de-p-8172.html

(any bore size, any compression ratio). could bump it to a 10 CR and depending on how close the piston is to the head shave the head and get a thinner head gasket and bam 12-1 CR

Last edited:
no sorry typo i meant, with such long rods already, adding displacement and then trying to compress it, would only put more stress on them, but like i posted a good friend is running a ka(26)det and it runs perfect!

all in all have fun!

its not the gas. we believe its more of a bent valve. did a compression test and numbers came out weird. second before the cams were re timed the exhaust was opening as the compression stroke started. and ive reasearch and a lot of the problems we are having relate

you said it was open headers... did you mind to think about that O2 sensor that is being left out of the equation...?????

Not only the O2 sensor... are you 100% sure your EGR was blocked off correctly, if you are running with out header you have no 02 sensor and maybe you did not block off the EGR to make it even worst...

dude once again.... is the O2 sensor conected? is the EGR blocked off? you are saking for help yet you have not answered my questions???

no we adjusted the throttle cable both ways and it didnt help. its running open header w/ o2 connected. we can do a leak down test but since the cams were off so much its highly likely that is a valve. once the head is off, it get inspected and if nothing is wrong there next will be the rings.

egr is blocked off

secondary butterfly valves still in the intake runners????

this is what it should look like when you remove the emissons. FPR and brake booster lines and thats it.
DSC01504.jpg

crank case vent goes to catch can instead of the bottom of the runners.
DSC01508.jpg

butterfly valve rod slot welded shut
DSC01506.jpg

holes for the valve rod and holes for the crankcase inlets welded shut.
DSC01439.jpg

Last edited:
thats the proper way to do it but you can still leave the vaccum controls. on my ka it still has them i dont how he did his. if you guiys want more info pm 91_s13_ka26

well the head is off and the valves dont look like they made any contact. The exhaust port of #1 was filled with sludge and oil so valve steam seals are gonna be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom