k well, hope you know what your talking bout

slide-ways-for-five-days

now with V-Tak yo!!
Driver
so i wanna put some cams in my sr, but i am broke and have lots of time.

been searching and heres what i wanna do.

tomei poncams 256/256 w 11mm lift, no springs/retainers(i;m broke).
stock sr20det cams are 256/248 10.1/9.?mm lift.

i want to run 2 intake cams on my shit. now the dowel pins are set into a different spot. i know i need to put the longer pin from the exh. cam into the intake cam. after that i know that the timing marks are going to be wayyyyyy off for when i assemble.

i know people have been doing it with the ka 248/248 swap for the newer models. i want the same thing.

who can come change this shit out for me and set it back into time? i dont want to deal with it so i am willing to pay someone that knows what the fuck they are doing.

whos in? its only going to be one cam getting changed.

thanks

yea... im saying when u get em close to set em on time like on point will it be fine?

well i think that they should be fine if i use the stock ones. i;m broke so adj. ones are out.

and ive been searching for like 4 days and i cant find anyone that has done this. i know the sentra dudes switch out to the newer sr cams, i wanna use 2 intake ones.

so give it a g...and find someone that can put it on timing by looking at it ...im assuming u got this other in. cam laying around

this is shetchy if you watch reel close you should be able to see the lobe position and install the new cam in the same manner but id be nervous to try it. Why dont you buy a set of Brian Crowers for 300? safer.

id say save up a few dollars and do it right way the 1st time, this way if something in timing doesnt go good u dont bend any valves

my .02

then if u dont got money to do it the right way dont experiment, for all the hassle ur going threw its not going to be worth the 2-3whp u might gain

either way i hate to be the party pooper good luck

i know for the KA they drill there cam sprockets to be made adjustable. you could probably do the same for the SR ones. look on 240sxtech for the DIY

Estie, its not that hard to do........ Ask me the next time you see me. Ill let you know what you should watch out for. How soon are you looking to do this?

Without people who are willing to try, we dont find out things that make it cheaper to build our cars. I mean a step up from in/in cam on a SR would be cheap and net a few hp/tq..

Back
Top Bottom