Jdm with Ls1 Engines

No way in hell.

Just looked it up. Ka weights are around 300, LS1 weights are around 400 (give or take 20 in both cases) - no transmissions hooked up. The T56 is tank btw boys which is why you need to add extra supports when doing an ls1 swap in most cases.

GM actually lists an ls1 at 450lbs with all accessories.

Last edited:
350s have been stuck into everything

and LSX arent that cheap, $2k for motorset is not cheap.

Tonymac said:
No way in hell.

Just looked it up. Ka weights are around 300, LS1 weights are around 400 (give or take 20 in both cases) - no transmissions hooked up. The T56 is tank btw boys which is why you need to add extra supports when doing an ls1 swap in most cases.

GM actually lists an ls1 at 450lbs with all accessories.

I dont know about that. I remeber like 2 years ago a guy did a LS1 swap on his ka 240 and he weighd both and the LS1 was lighter.

Mars said:
350s have been stuck into everything

and LSX arent that cheap, $2k for motorset is not cheap.

are u kidding me 2k is cheap u can get em cheaper the cheapest u can get a s13 sr is for $1950 lol

350hp vs 205hp its a $50 difference only thing is the swap is very expensive custom shit labor blah blah blah but 2k for a ls1 is VERY cheap

There should be no argument on which motor is better or cost of the swap, you guys drift right?? Hmmmm, turbo lag during a corner or 300 ft. lbs of torque at my command?? Look at the guy on here with the VH45, smart guy!

FlyinFINN said:
I dont know about that. I remeber like 2 years ago a guy did a LS1 swap on his ka 240 and he weighd both and the LS1 was lighter.

Yeah? GM must lie.

Tonymac said:
Yeah? GM must lie.

He had pics and everything (if I could only find it, but now everyone is doing the swap). And since then Ive always assumed it was lighter.

LS1 is lighter than the KA24 by like 60lb's.. engine alone.. tranny is a totally different story.. depends.. get a T56 and hell yeah haha that thing's massive.. but a 400lr isnt heavier than a 240sx tranny

Yeah, for a v8 its light.

The weights are so easy to find people. This shouldn't even be a discussion. GOOGLE.

mkiriakopoulos said:
LS1 is lighter than the KA24 by like 60lb's.. engine alone.. tranny is a totally different story.. depends.. get a T56 and hell yeah haha that thing's massive.. but a 400lr isnt heavier than a 240sx tranny

You are crazy. You are all f'n crazy.

jdmnismo300 said:
are u kidding me 2k is cheap u can get em cheaper the cheapest u can get a s13 sr is for $1950 lol

350hp vs 205hp its a $50 difference only thing is the swap is very expensive custom shit labor blah blah blah but 2k for a ls1 is VERY cheap

Well considering you can at times pickup a 302 for free. $2k is expensive is the domestic world for a stock motor.

In the weight dept im willing to bet the KA head weighs as much as both LSX heads. Those heads are super light.

Back
Top Bottom