jdm of miami

crayZwhiteboy

Spectator
Seriously..... you've got to be kidding me....
Friend just told me a Sr block is now $1000
And I was like fo realz and he came back with you didn't know Japan is blowing up

So raise your 5500 price tag on that jdm tyte yo turbo rust bucket

Of course something is going to happen to the market of parts and cars cause of the events that happened.

Seriously..... you've got to be kidding me....
Friend just told me a Sr block is now $1000
And I was like fo realz and he came back with you didn't know Japan is blowing up

So raise your 5500 price tag on that jdm tyte yo turbo rust bucket

Yeah it's not rocket science homie. After what happened to Japan fixed costs and variable costs increased in addition to the fact that many jdm motors (sr,rb,jz) went through severe water damage (I'm assuming). So business owners in Japan (exportors, junkyards, etc.) are forced to raise their prices since jdm products are becoming scarce.

here's a simple diagram showing the basics of the supply side in a market (in this case the JDM TYTE ENGINE market)

Supply decreases, thus increases the price. Demand remains untouched since their is a limited amount of fanbois willing & able to but at a given price.

Supply_Shift.gif

Also, this was going to eventually happen. Did yout hink that their was a unlimited amount of SR's in Japan? The catastrophic events that happened in Japan just accelerated the process that's all.

Last edited:
yea,i understand supply and demand but my point was just this is the beginning of the extreme price tags we wil be seeing more of.

having plan b of an $800 long block in case was a nice fallback. but now it might be better to just rebuild yours if anything ever happened.

for example lets say you got rod knock. you need rods, bearings, crank, maybe pistons????, hg, hardware, etc etc
so talking about what? 5, 600 dollars.... 2 more and you have a whole new longblock and your old one to rebuild or part out etc. but now if it costs you $500 to rebuild and maybe 2-3 days out of commision it might be better to do that then spending double on another longblock.

JDMofMIAMI has been smokin dope with some of their prices for some time now... this is just another excuse for a price hike - I bet all of the motors that have been sitting around (that were bought pre-tsunami) are gettin taxed meaning they didnt pay more for em but since this happened they figure they'd profit off of it

Of course something is going to happen to the market of parts and cars cause of the events that happened.

Bullshit, Carlos started taxing before that. He charged me 700 for an S13 Shortblock 2months ago. He also told me that a longblock was now $1000. They just decided to start taxing people hard is all.....

No. Again, I personally know Carlos and I have bought 3 complete swaps through him and never had an issue with them. For EVERY SINGLE SWAP I BOUGHT I PAYED 1800 for each. All being s13 black tops. Last swap I bought from him was about 7 months ago. I don't understand how "he's on crack". If that's the case, all importors are on crack because that's the established price for an sr swap. If anything, and I am only assuming; Carlos is raising his long block price due to the fact it's not worth it for him anymore to just strip complete swaps out.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Cry to someone that cares.

What this long penis said^

altho I dont rly care much for JDM of Miami I will say that the engines I got from them were good.

also it sucks for and engine importer to part out a full swap just to sell block n head. they buy full swaps not just blocks... those extra parts will sit on the shelf and do nothing while the company loses $$$.

I know it sucks paying that much for a long block but thats life man, dont think the guy will lose his business to make u happy.

altho I dont rly care much for JDM of Miami I will say that the engines I got from them were good.

also it sucks for and engine importer to part out a full swap just to sell block n head. they buy full swaps not just blocks... those extra parts will sit on the shelf and do nothing while the company loses $$$.

I know it sucks paying that much for a long block but thats life man, dont think the guy will lose his business to make u happy.

To sum up what Juan said: Get a V8. Done.

Cry to someone that cares.

If you mean me... who the fuck is crying? I'm just stating a fact. If it was directed towards someone else nevermind.

On a sidenote, the block I got is top notch and runs awesome. $700 for a shortblock is taxing but atleast you get a 30 day on it which is the reason I got it anyway.

Pay good money for good/ working products !! You can't complain on prices because if you owned a shop you will do the same . If you don't like the price go somewhere else . I think this thread should be closed

Back
Top Bottom