japan partner???

500sx

I PAINT???
Driver
Just wondering if they are a safe company to order a car through... and what I have to do to pick my car up I have no experience what so ever in importing vehicles in to the states... thanks in advance

Just wondering if they are a safe company to order a car through... and what I have to do to pick my car up I have no experience what so ever in importing vehicles in to the states... thanks in advance

there are guidelines for these things. there are certain cars that can be imported for track use only, private use, and some that cant be imported at all (legally). just search the web and you should be able to find the documents

Buddy of mine brought an FD RX7 back and they destroyed him in fees and taxes for importing the car. From the crate price to little things here and there... Not really worth it, but ya...

you're better off doing a rhd conversion depending on what car you're particularly looking for.

To avoid most fees and save a shit ton. Break down the car in pieces. Motor, body parts, shell, interior.
Ship it all
Then re-assemble the car here.
So basically you just pay for shipping. No forms. No documents needed. No fees.

That's how my people did it importing cars from Europe.

no...ok maybe. definitely maybe not. honestly, yes but im sure i could be wrong. you'll just have to hurry up to wait and see. my best 2 cents, ever. period.

Last edited:
r33 are not legal period, they are not safety tested and you will not be able to do anything other than park it in your garage and trailer it everywhere. anything other than that will be seized.

r33 are not legal period, they are not safety tested and you will not be able to do anything other than park it in your garage and trailer it everywhere. anything other than that will be seized.

this is incorrect in so many ways :eek:

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

i know this subject is punching a gifted horse in the mouth, and is most likely the most beat up conversation on the internet

every scenario is 100% different from the next, and no matter how legal or illegal they are, they are here and being bought and sold all the time.

"legit" "legal" "registed" "100% legal" are very loose terms on this subject

motorex was the largest importer hands down, and along with many other things to make them eligible for registering and road use and safety concerns or FHVSS (federal) requirements which was full testing of the model cars to see if they are up to safety codes. from what i gather, the r33 was tested and passed. this is where it gets shady, apparently they used the results from the tested r33 and applied it to r32 and r34 models and they were not individual tested.the truth of it is unknown, but they were shut down for other reasons.

other forms must be completed as an RI form and HS-7 declaration and NHTSA to be state legal.

there are millions more things to be said on this subject, here's some light one it.

short: you have the be an RI to be able import, must be brought to code within 120 days, as well as state and federal legal

from most talk, they are only made state legal and registered in states where you will not be asked to prove federal legalization

.... omfg lmao. some close this thread already before someone makes a poo poo

$ + research. youll be surprised what one can acquire. good luck :)

their illegal cause the flux capacitors are over federal regulations and highly radioactive if tampered ... duh.

The only Skyline GT-Rs that are not illegal are the ones that were bought from MotoRex. Other than those the Feds have been seizing Skylines

The only Skyline GT-Rs that are not illegal are the ones that were bought from MotoRex. Other than those the Feds have been seizing Skylines

and how is this? motorex claimed to be safety checking and coding cars for state and federal standards, and they weren't. legal trouble followed (on rumors to be related) so a lot of the cars they sold were questioned.

like i said, we can beat this topic up all day long and, well get nowhere. point is, these cars are here. more and more arrive all the time and will continue that way. these cars are all over the place, and that wont change.

NHTSA coding found here

http://www.nicoclub.com/articles/NHTSA-update.pdf

huge write up on nico here for "importing skyline"

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/th...ine-importation-into-the-united-states-1.html

or skylineownersusa.com

Back
Top Bottom