Ive officially joined the bandwagon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, gentlemen, I too, have finally crashed because of drifting.

The Story:
I broke loose on a right turn and my rear driver side tire hit the curb, and sent me going to the right, I tried counter steering and ended up oversteering to the right, right into the curb and my rear into a big *** palm tree.
Entry Speed: 65......
Understeer: DUH!

I tore my rear bumper off as well as 1/2 my side skirt ripped off and the rear driver side door is bent in and has trouble closing. My rear driver's side fender is bent in slightly.
So, what does that mean? Alot of insurance bull**** and maybe some extra money.....hopefully.

So, I am now with the rest of you guys. I joined the club.

Ill post pics up soon. Otherwise, shhh

Ahh that sucks, I hate hearing things like that happening, even more to the normal car enthusiast who cant just rebuild a car quick. If there is any bright side to that just remember it's happen to the best driver's in the world.

Yea, Im completely alright, guys, thanks for your concern. I have a good friend that owns a body shop, and he said hed have my car ready ASAP. Hopefully the insurance company will be gracious in giving me money....but hey, this just means I get my paint job, I get ALOT of **** Ive wanted for FREE!

Im not pissed about it at all actually, Im actually happy about it since now the insurance is covering the 2k paint job I wanted!

And no, it wasnt wet out, it was dry.

altezzagirl said:
Yea, Im completely alright, guys, thanks for your concern. I have a good friend that owns a body shop, and he said hed have my car ready ASAP. Hopefully the insurance company will be gracious in giving me money....but hey, this just means I get my paint job, I get ALOT of **** Ive wanted for FREE!

Im not pissed about it at all actually, Im actually happy about it since now the insurance is covering the 2k paint job I wanted!

And no, it wasnt wet out, it was dry.
GOING WITH THE SAME COLOR

well **** happens my S12 was only nice for 2 weeks after i got my drivers liscence then it just went to hell in a handbasket ..... pine trees gotta be magnetic or something

How do you people somehow manage to know how fast you're entering turns...here's an idea, look at the road and not the speedometer because I seriously doubt you can enter a turn while looking at the speedo and NOT crash.

I agree with what Anthony said. And also, I am not sure how you can be happy about just simply having insurance take care of your own accident. When I got into my accident, I tried my hardest to fix it myself and not involving insurance in the mix. A year from now you'll hate yourself for having insurance give you money.

But you're alive and well. Cars are repairable or if not they can be replaced. That's all that matters in the end.

dori dori said:
How do you people somehow manage to know how fast you're entering turns...here's an idea, look at the road and not the speedometer because I seriously doubt you can enter a turn while looking at the speedo and NOT crash.

I have heads up display suckaaaz

i never look at my enty speed cause im afraid thats its alot slower than i think im going i'd like to keep up the ilsion

dori dori said:

Man I know what you mean. I know what gear Im in and thats about it.

I'm sorry to hear about you car, glad that u are ok tho.
hopefuly you learn something and can aply it the next time you slide around.
if you need help with anything let me know.

dori dori said:

I usualy redline second wen I drift in the dry(cuse my car doesn not have enough power to do it in 3rd yet)
7000 RPM = 60mph in my car so I know my entry speed.
I also have a digital cluster that puts the RPM gauge in the middle, with mild efort I uses peripheral vision to know what RPM I'm at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom