It never ends.

07DURAMAXLMM

Spectator
Ok so for the past week or so my cars been having these issues and ive been working threw its fuel air and spark system one by one.
I have no fuel leaks, fine spark my timings fine dizzy and cams. and im getting air fine. i cannot find any vacuum leaks. but my car will start up and idle fine i can rev it till it bounces off the limiter perfectly. but ill start driving and it never does it at the same rpm always different. ill be driving hammer down on it and itll start to haul ass then sometimes at 2500 sometimes 3k 5k it will cutout for 3-5 seconds then come back then do it again and it i keep my foot in it while it comes in and out then itll just idle down and shut off and after this it takes about 10-30 seconds to start back up and i have to hold it wide open..
No the fuel pump was just put in maybe 300 miles ago the cap rotor plugs wires have 200 miles on them the maf has about 50 miles on it. ive check for fuel leaks all the way up the car never saw or smelled any gas. idk what it is honestly im completely lost.

I use this thing everyday and trying to bs with it getting to and from work is absolute shit.
Please help someone thanks.

does it happen even with a full tank of gas? if not check and make sure your fuel sock hasnt fallen off. it sounds like you have fuel sloshing around causing the pump to suck dry.
also what kind of engine is it and car? it could be a bad o2 sensor. it sounds like the idle and light throttle maps are good but your load maps are going haywire.

Oh ya sorry its a 91 hatch se with hicus and abs removed. its got a 96 ka in it with the 91 dizzy i didnt switch harness. im gonna go check the sock now i havnt done that and no i havnt checked it full of fuel ive been to broke to put more then a lil over a quater of a tank in it. as for the bad o2 sensor when i got the car it was unhook for the longest time and it ran fine i just recently hooked it back up and maybe 3 days later this started. but ive tryed to unhook it and it doesnt chnge anything. the only thing i can really think that i did out of the norm when the car started acting up was i had about 4 gals of 112 race gas left over and i put it in my car to get me threw the week but i mixed it with 87 but i doubt this has anything todo with it. but if u say o2 maybe the race fuel fcked up the sensor ??

its still possibly to be the o2 sensor. unplug it and disconnect the battery and drain the electrical system and then try it. also what codes does it have stored? this sounds like a hard fault so there should be a fault code stored

did you replace the fuel filter?

Yes z32 filter

ok i tried what rx7 said and no luck. now i have some new symtoms. the little clock is not counting anymore everytime i start the car its at 1 o clock. when i turn the keyon the clock lights up but now #'s when i turn the head lights on the head lights pop up and all running lights are on but no dash lights until i start the engine ??? then when im driving normal and i left off and hit the brake to stop the cluster lights flash on off very fast ??
WTF is going on with this thing.

Last edited:
ok next thing to try, check under the driver and pass side fenders and make sure the wiring harness's there arent chewed up from the tires rubbing them. you have an electrical short somewhere.

It doesn't do anything when your stopped or at idle because the wires aren't touching. It happens when your moving because the up and down motion is causing two or more wires to touch causing electrical problems that you can't diagnose when the car is stopped. Inspect all wires to find any rubbing or tears. If you can't then shake the piss out of everything you can. When driving do a series of flooring the gas and brake. Also try swerving left and right. I had the same issues with a 3000gt...that heavy big bastard...and that fixed it.

Also check to make sure your ecu is plugged in good of you said you have a different engine.

Back
Top Bottom