is this abs or no??????

steveka-t

Driver
i got this brake booster from an s14 and im not sure if its abs or not. my s13 isnt abs and i wanna know if thats why i have no brakes...
the MC is non abs.

i bleed my brakes 400 times already, and it has a little pressure but no a spongy feeling like it should, then if i pump it 10 times it gets to the spongy feeling then if i leave it alone it goes away... its fucking gay

02161308.jpg

Last edited:
No. If it was there would be a third line going to the abs unit on the other side. I think. That's what mine looked like. What's your old one look like? Should have the same amount of lines if it's not abs...

No. If it was there would be a third line going to the abs unit on the other side. I think. That's what mine looked like. What's your old one look like? Should have the same amount of lines if it's not abs...

im asking about the booster, the MC is non abs but im not sure if the reason why i dont get enough and substanable pressure is because the booster might be ABS,.

i pump pump pump pump and the pedal has a spongy feeling then once i stop pumping and leave it alone, the pressure goes away, its fucking irritating me

Did you swap calipers or anything else?

When a booster fails typically you will get a pretty hard brake pedal but the vehicle is harder to bring to a stop with the same effort that previously worked.

Brake booster doesn't even come in to the equation if you're trying to bleed your brakes with the key off and you still have no pedal. Did you swap brake calipers or work on any of the rest of the brake system other than the m-c/booster area?

i feel like your issue here is a bad MC or a leaky line somewhere

That's a possibility but I wouldn't throw parts at it just yet. Sometimes there are spacers or seals that go between the booster and the M/C. If you accidentally leave the old one on then you will double up on them causing the M/C to be too far from the booster and it will FEEL like air even though you have nothing but fluid coming out of each bleeder.

On the point of bleeders, if the calipers were removed or swapped out then it's possible that the calipers were installed on the wrong side and the bleeders are now positioned lower than the first set. This will cause air to be trapped in the top of the caliper, it won't bleed out and will be spongy.

I would recommend checking things before replacing anything. Also, there's the question of how you were bleeding the brakes.
Doug

Back
Top Bottom