is it illigal in florida to drive without front bumper?

i've heard that as long as u have the metal bumper support on ur car, u can drive without a front bumper.
dont take my word on it, cuz thats what ive heard.

So far i been 2 months w/o a bumper or bumper support. (knocks on wood) i just have my turn signals zip tied and functional.

I've been 3 months with no bumper cover/turn signals. And no tickets for THAT.

A buddy of mine got pulled over for something and was given a ticket for what he did wrong and a ticket for having no bumper.

you can get a ticket for having no plastic bumper on if the cops wants to be a dick law wise im not sure if you can get away or not but i have gotten pulled over up by Orlando for not having a bumper / support and i even told the cop i was on the way to buy it (true story) and still issued me the ticket...if your doing it to avoid your suspended license driving self out of a ticket then rock one but if you have a license then dont if you want

I used to have no bumper cover, but a support, and got hassled once, and before I could even say anything, he said he was wrong and let me go.

if you have a bumper support(the actual metal bar that really is the bumper) they cant do anything.

I was given a citation for no front bumper while having a front bumper support on. I got into an argument with the officer about it. He told me that it wasn't safe to have no cover on, and he kept pointing out that my support had no foam behind it. I looked at him crazy

I got the ticket anyway, because I didn't have turn signals, and he threw in details about my tinted tails. I went home, zip tied my signals to my support and got the car inspected by the sheriff department, which they OK'ed without a front bumper cover, zip tied turn signals to the support, and smoked tail lights. The inspection only saved me $10 dollars though. The citation still cost me $90+ bucks.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your input... Looks like one of those if cops an asshole type you can get a ticket if not they may let you go..

Does the bumper support on an s13 fit if theres a fm intercooler?

Thank you everyone for your input... Looks like one of those if cops an asshole type you can get a ticket if not they may let you go..

Does the bumper support on an s13 fit if theres a fm intercooler?

ive seen some car with fm and bumper support on

i had a huge FM , i tilted it and only cut a sliver of the support out ...

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

and to add; my z has no front bumpers or mirrors , and i got a ticket for the bumpers from some douche cop . he said " aye know whatchurr trein t'doo hirrr , aye had a mussting once"...

It is required but not inforced in the south florida area only if the cop wants to be a dick and make you spend more money. Gotten pulled over couple times with out bumper cover or support n they never mentioned the front. But ino the tampa area n all that they usualy inforce it.

been pulled aswell, no aero no support.. a few times, he said it has to have somthing up front that resembles a bumper, wood, metal, tires, somthing.. i guess intercoolers dont count... but it all just depends on the cop..

My best friend has been driving around for the past 2 weeks with no bumper cover, turn signals, and no hood lol. So far no tickets, no pull overs. lol He gets sized up by cops constantly though. lol

Back
Top Bottom