Interview with Will Parsons - Driving D1GP, XDC, Nopi, and FD

9363680704_96cd48614a_b.jpg

Will Parsons has been all over the United States competing in different series. He has even driven with some of the pro’s, like Daigo Saito and was teammates with Chelsea Denofa. Will has the experience, talent, and dedication to make it in FD.

This is “The Will Parsons Project.”

9359984224_fcaca69747_b.jpg

CCM: Lets start off with, where are you at this moment?

Parsons: At my house in Houston.

CCM: You actually grew up in Bellville, TX and your pops worked on motorcycles? How does that play into your life right now? Is that where everything started?

Parsons: I would say it definitely all started there. Bellville is a tiny town with a population of 3000, so there isn’t a lot to do. It played a huge roll in where I’m at today, mainly because its the only place I feel right at home. My dad is a motorcycle mechanic and used to race them, so I grew up around engines. Dirt bikes, Atv’s, jet ski’s, go carts, airplanes, and anything else with an engine was what i was interested in growing up.

9360976443_a2f332acd9.jpg

CCM: What year did you pick up your first corolla and most importantly, why a corolla?

Parsons: I picked up my first corolla in 2004 a few months after seeing drifting for the first time. I wouldn’t say I picked it out, it just sort of fell in my lap. Also, my first corolla was a totally disaster because I knew very little about them, or drifting for that matter. It was a 1983 ae72 convertible.

CCM: Did you drift the 83′ convertible?

Parsons: I drifted it on the streets in Tulsa. Only when it rained though because it had so little power.

CCM: How long did that last?

Parsons: It lasted for about 6 months before I attempted my first engine swap and failed miserably.

9360976437_90d94092b5_z.jpg

CCM: Is this when you moved over to the Hachi?

Parsons: I moved to the Hachi a little later. I moved back to Texas in 2006 and started going to daily drifter events as a spectator. I started saving money for another drift car and found the 86 later that year.

9359980940_a92a6b661e_b.jpg

To read the full interview go to: http://cultureclashmedia.com/2013/07/27/the-will-parsons-project-getting-to-know-will/

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom