Interesting radiator and fan comparison i found

Just get ISIS Dual electric fans and a radiator (Koyo.Mishimoto.etccc)

i been running these for about a year now with road course event, daily, skidpad and my sr hasnt once overheated.

im getting a koyo, and im probably going to do altima fans since they are cheap and according to that study, push/pull some pretty good air

i just posted that for everyone else to read. Some of that is interesting and good to know. I was suprised at how big a damn cardboard cooling plate up top made

right now i have a dinky stock radiator with a clutch fan and no shroud whatsoever. I have never over heated either, whether im taking a long trip on the highway, or just beating the living crap out of my car. Either way im getting the koyo for cheap and ive read and heard that you free up a little bit of noticable power by getting rid of the clutch fan. Plus id like to have them wired to a switch so my car can warm up faster

Last edited:
New ISIS Fans with shroud are about a $120 .
289572_258620717499534_100000548224954_1020717_5505576_o.jpg

altima fans with shroud are about $30:p

on the real though, the aluminum shroud with the fans do look nice as fuck. ryans got em. just for now the altima ones are a lot cheaper, and every dollar i can save counts. Plus if you read that article, the altimas outflow the cheap aftermarket fans. They didnt test the isis though

heres a graph
figure_9.jpg

how do you guys have yours wired up?

i have two friends with electric fans and theirs are just wired to constant and a switch. If they leave the switch on with the car off and key out they will stay on.

This is probably the easiest way to wire em with out just on when cars on, off when cars off, but im wondering if anyones got em so if they leave the switch on and turn the car off, the fans shut off automatically

with a relay but i dontknowhowto wire a relay
so buy inline fuse and wire it to battery

that's such a bad way to do it lol

Everyone in the scientific community agrees that the best cooling setup for your car is clutch fan + shroud = great success.

that's such a bad way to do it lol

Everyone in the scientific community agrees that the best cooling setup for your car is clutch fan + shroud = great success.

Not sure if thats sarcasm or not, but the clutch fan with no shroud and stock radiator has worked awesome for me so far, daily, beating the piss out of it, and drifting, but check this out

figure_14.jpg

but also

figure_6.jpg

That graph shows that a copper rad with clutch fan outflows and aluminum rad with clutch fan, I don't know if I believe that at all.

I used to run a copper koyo, and my aluminum koyo keeps lower temps.

if you read the article, it tells you which tests are more accurate and what they used to measure them, how long they drove for, starting temps, etc.

i just picked up my koyo today. Gonna clean it up and run it with the clutch fan for now, then ill either get the isis with aluminum shroud for a clean look, or ill get the altima fans which supposidly work awesome and will cost me about $100 less lol

stop being cheap and get the ISIS Fans, if like 4 other people are telling you to get them then there is your answer.

i think your misunderstanding the point of this thread

im not asking "which fans should i get?"

its to show people the comparison results of the different radiator and fan combinations because i found it interesting to know. Also shows how big of a difference a simple cooling plate makes in driving temps. And other info that is good to know since we live in florida and it gets hot down here

edit: also wondering how your guys fan's are wired up, if its not to constant and a switch

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom