Installing a FMIC Greddy M-spec for S14 HELP ?

Locko

FATBOYZ DRIFTING TEAM
Hey guys im trying to install the intercooler on my S14 and i have a couple of questions... the intercooler is a Greddy spec M for a S14 blacktop engine(zenki)
here is what i have done..
took it out of the box...Duh.. lol
here is the manual...
page1parts.jpg

page2.jpg

page3.jpg

page4.jpg

page5.jpg

page6.jpg

page7.jpg

page8.jpg

page9.jpg

intercoolerinstall001.jpg

take the headlights , corner lights, and bumper off...
intercoolerinstall004.jpg

take the reinforcement off ( btw can i keep it if i cut it or something??)
intercoolerinstall003.jpg

intercoolerinstall005.jpg

now should I grind a little of the frame ?? on the bottom ?? also i have this two brakes and i dont get the pic.. and i dont feel like going letter to letter to translate the whole japanese thing lol :) i'll post in a few minutes the japanese manual

thnx !!!
LOCKO

Last edited:
im got confused because i see a na ka in the pictures. but yea you just need to bolt it up to the hood latch bolt i think, you shouldnt have to grind anything except the bumper support witch i recommend you put back on.

im got confused because i see a na ka in the pictures. but yea you just need to bolt it up to the hood latch bolt i think, you shouldnt have to grind anything except the bumper support witch i recommend you put back on.

thnx lol ... i know.. now that i see the pic i get your point lol .. nahh the KA is leaving the nest its been for at least 13 years.. and a blacktop is comming to replace it.. :) im just trying to fit everything first before i take the engine out.. im wondering does the coolant tank has to be relocated??.. i read that the battery needs to .. but the coolant.. im still trying to figuered out the japanese on the manual lol is way too much kanji for my level one japanse studies :ugh::ugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: ... why they dont use hiragana on the manuals.. lol :laugh::laugh::laugh:

i think you have relocate the reservoir for the windshield fluid. bolt the intercooler first, theres some brackets welded to the cooler so you can bolt the top one hood latch and the bottom two below the radiator. now take the bumper support and line it up where it should go youll see that you can bolt it up cause of the thickness of the cooler, this where you need a friend or dad or bro or gf or bf; dont know your Sexual orientation. anyways got a marker and mark out where you need to cut the bumper support. remember your not cuting it in half just cut out what you need to make it fit.

i think you have relocate the reservoir for the windshield fluid. bolt the intercooler first, theres some brackets welded to the cooler so you can bolt the top one hood latch and the bottom two below the radiator. now take the bumper support and line it up where it should go youll see that you can bolt it up cause of the thickness of the cooler, this where you need a friend or dad or bro or gf or bf; dont know your Sexual orientation. anyways got a marker and mark out where you need to cut the bumper support. remember your not cuting it in half just cut out what you need to make it fit.

awesome tutorial ...:) i try bolting it at the hacht lacht and it hits the frame so i will grind a little bit the frame then relocate the windshield fluid with the brackets on the kit and cut the frame .. thnx guys i really appreciate both of your help since the pics plus your knowledge i have a good idea about how to do it :)!!

thnx guys..
btw i shoot both ways....:ugh::ugh: just kidding !!! lol :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

i think you have to cut out 2 inches in width but leave yourself atleast a 1/4" to 1/2" of space in between the front and sides of the cooler. next unbolt the cooler cut out your holes for the pipes, and this is a secret no one seems to use but i like to cut the holes a little bit larger so you can take some hose and cut it long ways and put it around the hole this way if the pipe rubs the edge its not rubing a whole in your pipe. now put everything on. and now you have to answer me a ? are the pipes aluminum or steel?

btw i shoot both ways....:ugh::ugh: just kidding !!! lol :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:[/QUOTE]

good sean love and dan needs a new friend. lol anyways id come down and do it myself but you live in bfe and i need to finish my car but if you need more help hit me up on aim bishoptaner2 hope that helps out.

Last edited:
^^^ thnx man that is a lot more help i thought i would get.. i did tons of web search ..nico forums, etc.. and i couldnt find nothing decent and since is my first Nissan im still trying to get it done right the first time :) !! they are all Alumminum and i see what you mean of getting a hole.. my eclipse intake had a huge hole of rubbing when in movement with the battery.. :S

ya some people dont relieve the engine moves and the pipes do too. well who are you going to get to weld the adaptor for the blow off valve? i dont have a tig sorry.

ya some people dont relieve the engine moves and the pipes do too. well who are you going to get to weld the adaptor for the blow off valve? i dont have a tig sorry.
well im doing the swap myself with the help of my friend that he is a mechanic. he is busy at the moment so we havent swap the engine still.. so i dont have a clue lol .. but my BOV is for an S14 so i guess replaces the stock one without any welding ..
S14Partsday1017.jpg

S14Partsday1005.jpg

it says specific for SR20DET S14... do i still need to weld it :O and to where? the intercooler pipe ? or the original mounting point in the front of the engine?

that depends what pipes you got some already have it welded the flange on.
http://www.injectedperformance.com/ec/Product.aspx?ID=706
that is the flange i call it a adapter.

some people like to put it on the hot pipe side, the pipe that goes for the turbo to the cooler. i rather you put it on the cold side so when you vent off, or let of the pedal, this way your not venting off the entire volume and then you have to build it up again. i hope that makes sense

Are you joking or being serious? Who is installing your Sr? I hope you take it to a shop or somebody that knows what there doing..

Are you joking or being serious? Who is installing your Sr? I hope you take it to a shop or somebody that knows what there doing..
im installing it with help of my friend .. ... why take it to a shop?? everybody says is sooooo easy lol .. and wiring wont be a problem.. and time.. i got all the time in the world to do step by step really slow :) ... ill learn on the way :) :bigthumbu:bigthumbu

bro if you cant install a front mount without asking questions your gonna be fucked when it comes to doing serious work like wiring

that depends what pipes you got some already have it welded the flange on.
http://www.injectedperformance.com/ec/Product.aspx?ID=706
that is the flange i call it a adapter.

some people like to put it on the hot pipe side, the pipe that goes for the turbo to the cooler. i rather you put it on the cold side so when you vent off, or let of the pedal, this way your not venting off the entire volume and then you have to build it up again. i hope that makes sense

ohh i see what you say.. so the greddy kit will replace the whole black plastic thing that leads to the BOV(original) ... i guess PART 4 has a hole for the BOV and since i have a greddy i guess it will fit.. ill try fitting it tomorrow.. its located on the cold pipe side and has also like a little vacum line with a T look at the manual page 1 parts and number 4 i think that is it.

bro if you cant install a front mount without asking questions your gonna be fucked when it comes to doing serious work like wiring
i could also just weld some stuff here and there like i did on my eclipse but im trying to go as original and learn on my way.. im not in a hurry to finish my car.. the diff is the only thing i will not be messing around with... :p but the rest i will get my hands dirty :) lol .. if i dont understand how to do it and i dont get an answer ill let my buddy do it.. he is not a SR20DET swap person..but all engines are alike.. lol is nothing special on it .. about wiring.. im trying to get my wiring to be as stock (trying to use only SR20DET wiring ) as possible and see if i can avoid mergin just because i dont feel like doing it lol.. he said he will see what he can do if not he will merge it.. there is tons of info online about wiring diagrams and i have read all .. from FRSport how to swap to nico forums.. and some answers over here about OB1 and OB2 .. im trying to learn as much as i can from this build since last time when i did the last swap i just let him do it.. and i didnt learn shit lol ... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom