infamous Rusting trunk hatch on SE's

side.way.suan

MYCU|SWAY|DRKCLD|DRFTATRE
Driver
The 240 Im gettin has a bang up job of bondo and paint to cover the holes
from the wing. Its not holding up and its got a hole growing. Is it worth re-sanding, fiberglassing and bondoing it back to perfection, or finding a regular wingless hatch from U-pull it, and strapping that on? I think I saw one last time I went.

Any thoughts appreciated :)

Personal opinion... compare prices... see what would be cheaper. If you find a wingless hatch without rust, jump on it if its cheap. If its cheaper to redo yours, then do so.

100$ at M&L they got a few with no wiper or wings.. U-Pull it is less but harder to find one.. go with a new one, or be rich and get carbon fiber one

M&L is another junkyard down there. my opinion just go out and find one with no rust, I have the same problem with it rusting in 2 places in the hatch...

in all honesty you could probably fix it yourself....
the fiberglass kits arent that hard to use, and if you dont really care about the color matching (IE: driftcar = mismatched car) then just sand it down and primer it when youre done and it should be fine.

a shop will probably charge you a decient ammount to fix it, so id say, do it yourself, or get a new hatch all together (paying someone to fix it seems like a waste to me)

dont use too much bondo man. i shaved my trunk lock but i used metal and a little *** bit of bondo.

Back
Top Bottom