impossible steering gap/wheel wobble. Help....

miami-200sx

*Reinstated drifter*
Driver
Hey guys looooong time since i posted around here.
so looong story short.

car got hit by motorcycle on driver side on the rim. then car hit a curb softly on same rim (driver side.)

problem, car feels like it has a gap in the steering but is only after it starts moving, parked is barely noticeable.

changed, traction rod/tension rod to polly bushings, checked hubs (nothing),changed inner outer tie rods, changed steering rack, checked steering column, checked steering wheel, checked swaybar, checked wheel studs, checked brakes......

only thing i can think of is either lower control arm bushings or balljoint. or front subframe loose? or hubs loosening up after getting heated as the car starts rolling...

i dont know. but the car wheels wobble and shake violently specially after a turn or something, when i brake hard the car follows the crevices on the road and the wheels steeer the car to different sides as if one wheel had a gap that doesnt affect the other so is not tie rod/steering rack related.....

any ideas? im pretty broke also... :s

Ball joints mine were bad and had the exact same symptoms change out the whole flca

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Also rack bushings if they are badly worn

I wonder if this is what's wrong with mine I thought it was bc of cut springs but when I brake it pulls one way or sometimes both ways hmmmm was ir wheel lose when u shake it or it only does it when u drive?

steering rack bushings are ok.
frame being bent i dont thing it would do that, it feels like something is REALLY loose, like
if i get on the highway it looks like im swerving all over the lane but is the front wheels following the lines on the road -_______-

im guessing is the lca... im going to change them this week and get back to yall.

thanks for the look out.

^My car does the same thing with the lines of the road, or like if Im going on a big bend my steering wheel will jump a little like it feels like my steering rack is loose or something. Normally on a big left bend more than right, like the bend on sawgrass going south, or getting on 95 north from 595. My steering rack bushings were shot so I them and made sure they were tight it still does it. Lmk if changing the FLCA solves your problem.

i hear no knocks or any noises.
if the car is parked you feel nothing. if you lift the wheels and try move them you get nothing.
but once you start moving you shake the steering side to side and the gap starts increasing to about 5 inches from side to side on the steering wheel.

when i get on the highway the car shakes (wich could be alignment or tires) but then any time theres a line on the road or anything i feel either tire follows it.

if i press the brake specially hard. the car slows down but then goes to random sides pretty violently.

!!!!!!!
im having some trouble finding s14 flca online. i want oem replacement but all i find is s13.
any ideas?

i dont want to just change the bushings in case the arms are bent.

Could it be the hubs that only loosen up as they start rotating (causing friction/heat) loosening them up????

just pretty much switch out everything that is bent from what I've learned every thing that has todo with holding and aligning the wheels. Every little bend will change it drastically.

Back
Top Bottom