Im going to be a daddy!

LowRisksCC MA47

Wrong wheel parked.
Driver
I just found out a few days ago guys. :D I can't express how excited I am, Im super happy about it...a little scared, a little stressed...but over all this is an amazing feeling.

So, Im going to be hanging up my helmut for atleast a year, Selling the Miata and gunna be working as much as I can.

If anyone has advice for me, or any sites for me to check out please post them here. Any advice will be welcomed. :bigthumbu

congrats

my advice watch knocked up and do the opposite of everything he does LMAO for real though

CONGRATS... how funny is that you watch that movie and then boom you got one in the oven? lol well my advice to you is SAVE,SAVE,SAVE... and be patient with your lady...

CONGRATS... how funny is that you watch that movie and then boom you got one in the oven? lol well my advice to you is SAVE,SAVE,SAVE... and be patient with your lady...

Im gunna bust my ass for the next 9 months, do everything I can to raise some funds. I might invest a little chunk of change into the stock market and play that a little bit.

Im gunna bust my ass for the next 9 months, do everything I can to raise some funds. I might invest a little chunk of change into the stock market and play that a little bit.

Not a bad idea, have you considered high percentage CD's?

congrats. i think it will be more than a year tho haha , but once its here i doubt drifting is going to rival your kid.

dont play the stock market its too risky and the gains that you will get you can lose just as quickly as you gained them.

if you do high-yield cds make sure to stack them. like dont lump them all together into a 1 yr or 6 month cd.

split them into at least 3 cds, laddering the effect so that you will always have money when you need it without pulling out your cd monies and incurring a really big fee.

example:
5,000 total to invest in cds.

2,000 in cd for 1 yr
1,000 in cd for 6 months (or 9 months)
1,000 in cd for 4 months (or 3 months)
1,000 in immediate savings for emergencies

you'll really suppose to have 3 months salary or 3 months living expenses in your emergency fund but with this you can still earn interest while waiting for an emergency.

it doesnt hurt to play the stock market, but with a baby on the way, i wouldnt do it. but its up to you.

you can do a combination of the two but if you are saving and saving with a BIG lump then definitely dont let it sit in a regular savings account.

you can park your 1,000 in a higher-interest bearing savings account online like at www.hsbcdirect.com (my online bank) or find a bank that is closer for you to access.

www.bankrate.com for cd rates

if you play the stock market remember that there are lots of fees. and those fees can eat into any profit or principle you might have invested.

plus dont forget about taxes.

oh yes, and congrats zachy!

dont play the stock market its too risky and the gains that you will get you can lose just as quickly as you gained them.

if you do high-yield cds make sure to stack them. like dont lump them all together into a 1 yr or 6 month cd.

split them into at least 3 cds, laddering the effect so that you will always have money when you need it without pulling out your cd monies and incurring a really big fee.

example:
5,000 total to invest in cds.

2,000 in cd for 1 yr
1,000 in cd for 6 months (or 9 months)
1,000 in cd for 4 months (or 3 months)
1,000 in immediate savings for emergencies

you'll really suppose to have 3 months salary or 3 months living expenses in your emergency fund but with this you can still earn interest while waiting for an emergency.

it doesnt hurt to play the stock market, but with a baby on the way, i wouldnt do it. but its up to you.

you can do a combination of the two but if you are saving and saving with a BIG lump then definitely dont let it sit in a regular savings account.

you can park your 1,000 in a higher-interest bearing savings account online like at www.hsbcdirect.com (my online bank) or find a bank that is closer for you to access.

www.bankrate.com for cd rates

if you play the stock market remember that there are lots of fees. and those fees can eat into any profit or principle you might have invested.

plus dont forget about taxes.

oh yes, and congrats zachy!

very nicely put. gotta love Anna

congrats Zach!
be super patient with her, the hormones are gonna kick in and she'll fucking hate the living shit out of you one minute and then love you so much the next minute she wants to cry lol.
Read up on baby books/pregnancy books so you feel more prepared and comfortable, but in the end it's all about instinct, babies don't come with instruction manuals :)

Back
Top Bottom