I want to buy a digital camera - recommendations?

Tonymac

P I Z Z A
Driver
My knowledge of photography does not extend beyond hitting the button to take the pictures. I just want a good, easy to use digital camera. A lot of you here take some really really nice pictures so I'm just assuming you know a thing or two about whats out there. I don't want to spend too much money but at the same time I'm not looking for a cheap pos. It doesn't need to be super small either. I'm mostly concerned with being able to take a decent picture without having to screw with settings.

My knowledge of photography does not extend beyond hitting the button to take the pictures. I just want a good, easy to use digital camera. A lot of you here take some really really nice pictures so I'm just assuming you know a thing or two about whats out there. I don't want to spend too much money but at the same time I'm not looking for a cheap pos. It doesn't need to be super small either. I'm mostly concerned with being able to take a decent picture without having to screw with settings.

Tony I got a nice Panasonic I'm selling. Point n Shoot. I'll find a link with info and PM you.

a high-end p&s sounds just about right for you. They can def cost more than a used outdated dslr but in the end your not spending nearly as much. Personally I'd recommend the Canon g9 or anything from the gseries. They take amazing pictures and a plus is you can use canon flashes so your not stuck with the stoopid pop up flash or whatever it has.

If your looking to buy online make sure you check www.resellerrating.com p&s don't have it as much as dslr's but if the deal seems to good to be true it usually is. My rule of thumb is going to bhphotovideo. They aren't always the best price, and local places seem to be dropping their prices due to online places making a killing.

A link to the g9 and accessories on b&h website.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...lSearch=yes&O=RootPage.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t

You can find reviews on
http://www.dpreview.com/

search flickr for actual pictures people have taken. Don't forget to take into account people might have some photoshopping going on in their pictures. So your might not come out amazing like theirs.

if you want point and shoot. Id get a sony cyber shot. real easy to use great quality. if you want to have control over every aspect of the camera. get a nikon d80. <I want one sooo bad.

In my opinion if you your looking to be a baller which you are, all your missing is a Nikon to get a better baller status. To help you out even more im selling my Nikon D50 and you can PM or IM me about it. I have everything from factory and its in excellent conditions!

-Buriantsu

Back
Top Bottom