i wanna go twin cam wut do i need?

you need DOHC power steering hardline+high pressure line if you are gonna have power steering. You need the DOHC harness, ECU, have to splice the dash connector plug from SOHC to DOHC just match the colors, its a little brown/white plug that goes under the dash by the glove department you'll see it when you take out the ecu + harness. Motor mounts are the same, should replace them anyway if u havent changed them ever. need a DOHC throttle cable, if you are using a/c, gotta use DOHC a/c lines and compressor+bracket. as far as the cluster working, either pop in the tachometer from a DOHC cluster or just get a DOHC cluster.. it's easier / faster just to swap clusters but if u can't find one and can only find a dohc tach than u can just swap the whole tach piece. that's about it. you can use SOHC 5spd transmission on DOHC and clutches and flywheel bolts etc. and lower tranny harness can be used from the SOHC also. i'm pretty sure that's about it

Also on the a/c note, the lines going to the evaporator are different. You need to change the whole a/c system including condensor, evap, compressor and dryer. It's not hard if you have another twin cam to take parts off. Also you need the twin cam distributor, manifold is also better and you need the twin cam coil. Other then that everything else that Dan said and you should be fine.

you can use a SOHC coil.. they are the same.. as for the condensor, you can line up one of the holes and it'll work fine for the condensor line only to the a/c compressor, the other line that goes behind the engine by the firewall won't work like that.

do yourself a favor and remove all the emissions and hoses and shit off the back of the motor while you have it out too, makes for much easier/cleaner install. just make sure you take off the right ones, block them, and connect the ones you need.

Back
Top Bottom